ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

47 days out of UK for spouse visa holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reda
Member of Standing

47 days out of UK for spouse visa holder

Post by reda » Fri May 13, 2016 1:05 pm

HI everyone

we planed to take two month holiday back home outside UK (me,wife and twins),due to my wife unplanned pregnancy at the end of our holidays and based on her first pregnancy
the first four month will be hard for her; excessive nausea and severe vomiting which unable her to keep food and drink down and she will need hospital treatment(she been hospitalized twice last pregnancy) with the twins and my work I was forced to leave them back home and extend their holiday for more than 3 months(47 days)
my wife due to extend her spouse visa on September,I wondering if there is limit time outside UK for partner who hold spouse visa?

your help will be really appreciated,thank you for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 47 days out of UK for spouse visa holder

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:12 pm

No, there is no absence limit as such for a spouse visa although absences should be limited and for good reason.

When it comes to applying for ILR, the current requirement is that she will have to declare any absences that are for 6 months or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat May 14, 2016 12:33 pm

thank you for your quick response,
so it will be OK then! as she won't reach 06 months out of UK (on total 47 days)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Yes, she will be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat May 14, 2016 1:37 pm

thank you again
is not 47 days is 3 months and 11 days total of 101 days :oops:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2016 1:56 pm

CR001 wrote:No, there is no absence limit as such for a spouse visa although absences should be limited and for good reason.

When it comes to applying for ILR, the current requirement is that she will have to declare any absences that are for 6 months or more.
Then 3 months and 11 days total of 101 days is still not 6 months is it? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Casa wrote:
CR001 wrote:No, there is no absence limit as such for a spouse visa although absences should be limited and for good reason.

Then 3 months and 11 days total of 101 days is still not 6 months is it? :idea:
:shock: unless our maths is really bad :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat May 14, 2016 5:20 pm

thank you for your reply
i have another question about her English test requirement!
she already past her English test when she apply for her spouse visa 2 years ago and had pass with merit on Cambridge English Key (KET) which is equivalent to A2
even on the HO page says they will accept any evidence of meeting the English language requirement if they have done so as part of a successful previous application (Paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE)

do you think she need to pass her English test again?

is it Level A1 or A2 is required for FLR(M) extension of a spouse visa?