ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parts to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

Parts to spouse visa

Post by John Green » Sat May 14, 2016 10:07 am

I'm a little confused over the content of the spouse visa.

As far as I can see there are two parts to this procedure.

The applicant (in my case living abroad) fills out form VAF4A (FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM)

I, as her sponsor (her husband in the UK) fill out Immigration Directorate Instruction, Family Migration, Appendix FM Section 1.7, Appendix Armed forces, Financial Requirement

So there are only these two parts to the spouse visa, is this correct?

Now I imagine these parts are presented together, by the applicant. Where the applicant lives abroad, is it the case therefore that once I filled out the Financial Requirement form, I either fly over there to give her this form I completed. Or I arrange through DHL, etc. for it to be dlivered to her overseas address?

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Parts to spouse visa

Post by manci » Sat May 14, 2016 8:34 pm

It is your wife's application, not yours. She applies online and submits the completed application together with the supporting documents which must include inter al Appendix 2 (financial requirements). The actual submission procedure depends on which country she is applying from but you don't have to travel anywhere.