ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language - Important point in AN Booklet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gprao2010

English Language - Important point in AN Booklet

Post by gprao2010 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:47 am

Hi all,

I have read through numerous posts regarding English language requirement on this board and one of the thing that is always highlighted is that if someone has applied for settlement after 28th Oct 2013 then they need not prove it again. But I just came across the following statement in the AN Booklet

"If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK when you applied for settlement by having a B1 level test you do not have to demonstrate it again. (People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October 2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.)"

I guess this is a very important point as it states if someone has got settlement after 28th Oct 2013 by having a B1 level test only then you do not have to demonstrate it again. So according to me if someone has got settlement after 28th Oct 2013 by using PBS calculator then in those cases they either have to

a.
Have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1CEFR or higher, that is on the Home Office’s list of recognised tests and was taken at an approved test centre; OR
b. Have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country other than Canada; OR
c. Are a national of a majority English speaking country.

Any thoughts?

My case: I got my settlement in June 2016 with Original Degree Certificate and PBS printout only. So when i apply for naturalisation next month I have to either take an English test or get UK NARIC confirmation.

noajthan

Re: English Language - Important point in AN Booklet

Post by noajthan » Sun May 15, 2016 9:55 am

Th FAQs dig into this vital question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:43 pm

The FAQ's mention the following:

Q2: Which are the Exempt categories?:

You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you:
1. met this requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in order to obtain settlement (ILR or PR)

I think the above statement is only partially correct in that it is true if it has already been demonstrated by having a B1 level test but not for someone who did it using only an Original Degree Certificate and PBS calculator printout.

bmaru

Post by bmaru » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Hello,

How did you prove your English language requirement?

Regards,

bmaru.