ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) - need advise for WRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bdoli
Newly Registered

EEA(PR) - need advise for WRS

Post by bdoli » Mon May 16, 2016 9:15 am

Hello everyone.
I entered UK in 2006 as a Polish National
While filling in application for PR, there are sections asking for employment details since entering UK, in addition to prove 5 years qualifying period.
Unfortunately, I not have any documents from 2006 to 2009 except for 2 WRS certificates issued in 2008 & random payslips here and there.
Having said that, lifestyle changed and I have ALL documents (Pay slips & P60) from 2009 onwards till date which sums upto 7 years of clean documents.
On above basis, is my PR application straightforward or will there be any issues.
Plus, what should I write while filling above sections on PR form (that I have lost previous documents or do not mention anything apart from 2009 onwards - 7 years)

Thank you for looking into this matter. Appreciate you response.
Regards.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: EEA(PR) - need advise for WRS

Post by ohara » Mon May 16, 2016 9:20 am

If your WRS was in order and you meet the residency requirements as well as being in continuous employment from 1/1/2010 to 1/1/2015 then just use that period. No need to show proof for anything before that, but you will have to show you are still resident to present day.

To make life much easier, you could use this simpler form: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

There is no requirement to use the EEA(PR) form, or in fact any form, to apply for permanent residence documentation.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 am

bdoli wrote:Hello everyone.
While filling in application for PR, there are sections asking for employment details since entering UK, in addition to prove 5 years qualifying period.
Unfortunately, I not have any documents from 2006 to 2009 except for 2 WRS certificates issued in 2008 & random payslips here and there.
Having said that, lifestyle changed and I have ALL documents (Pay slips & P60) from 2009 onwards till date which sums upto 7 years of clean documents.
On above basis, is my PR application straightforward or will there be any issues.
Plus, what should I write while filling above sections on PR form (that I have lost previous documents or do not mention anything apart from 2009 onwards - 7 years)

Regards.
You need good if not unimpeachable documentary supporting evidence.
So you will only be granted confirmation of PR for a period for which you can prove you exercised treaty rights as a qualified person.,

Were you working in UK from 2006? If so why does your WRS certificate only date from 2008?
Were you fully and properly registered for WRS in your first 12 months of work?
Did you re-register if you changed employers in those crucial first 12 months?
If your WRS registration wasn't correct it will be problematic and that will have delayed you acquiring PR.

2009 - 2014 sounds your best bet (assuming WRS is in order and, also, no prolonged absences from UK).

Don't suppress your earlier dates; you can mention in the additional notes section of the form which period your are focusing on for the application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bdoli
Newly Registered

Post by bdoli » Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 am

ohara wrote:If your WRS was in order and you meet the residency requirements as well as being in continuous employment from 1/1/2010 to 1/1/2015 then just use that period. No need to show proof for anything before that, but you will have to show you are still resident to present day.

To make life much easier, you could use this simpler form: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

There is no requirement to use the EEA(PR) form, or in fact any form, to apply for permanent residence documentation.
Thank you for your quick response ohara.

I did not understand below:
-WRS was in order
-meet the residency requirements
-There is no requirement to use the EEA(PR) form, or in fact any form
Could you please elaborate.

I have payslips, P60 & employment letter from Oct'09 till date along with relevant proof of address.

Thank you very much.

bdoli
Newly Registered

Post by bdoli » Mon May 16, 2016 9:35 am

noajthan wrote:
bdoli wrote:Hello everyone.

Regards.
You need good if not unimpeachable documentary supporting evidence.
So you will only be granted confirmation of PR for a period for which you can prove you exercised treaty rights as a qualified person.,

Were you working in UK from 2006? If so why does your WRS certificate only date from 2008?
Were you fully and properly registered for WRS in your first 12 months of work?
Did you re-register if you changed employers in those crucial first 12 months?
If your WRS registration wasn't correct it will be problematic and that will have delayed you acquiring PR.

2009 - 2014 sounds your best bet (assuming WRS is in order and, also, no prolonged absences from UK).

Don't suppress your earlier dates; you can mention in the additional notes section of the form which period your are focusing on for the application.
Thank you for replying noajthan
I met all the requirements then, but lost relevant documents so I do not have any hard evidence.
One WRS certificate is dated 14/01/08 with employer A. Second certificate is dated 30/12/2008 employer B. (I do not have payslips for either)
I have all payslips, P60 and employment letter from Oct'09 till date. Never left UK on a break. Only stopped working during maternity leave and then continued as normal.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

bdoli wrote:Thank you for replying noajthan
I met all the requirements then, but lost relevant documents so I do not have any hard evidence.
One WRS certificate is dated 14/01/08 with employer A. Second certificate is dated 30/12/2008 employer B. (I do not have payslips for either)
I have all payslips, P60 and employment letter from Oct'09 till date. Never left UK on a break. Only stopped working during maternity leave and then continued as normal.
If you have documents missing that can be problem.

Just to be sure...

Were you fully and properly registered for WRS in your first 12 months of work? (with no gaps);
Did you re-register in time (no gaps over 30 days ) if you changed employers in those crucial first 12 months?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bdoli
Newly Registered

Post by bdoli » Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 am

noajthan wrote:
bdoli wrote:Thank you for replying noajthan
If you have documents missing that can be problem.

Just to be sure...

Were you fully and properly registered for WRS in your first 12 months of work? (with no gaps);
Did you re-register in time (no gaps over 30 days ) if you changed employers in those crucial first 12 months?
I believe I came in 2007. Apologies for the confusion. 10 years is a long time to remember plus there is no entry stamp on passport when I entered. My guess is, came in Oct'07. First WRS certificate is dated Jan'08 (job start date: 31/10/07, employer A) and second one is dated Dec'08 (job start date: 17 Oct'08, employer B). No evidence for the employers worked for during that time. Thats all I have.

Having said that, WRS ended in Apr'11 and I have 5 year work evidence from May'11 (actually starting from Oct'09) till Apr'16 (currently working at same place) to cover 5 years period.