ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship App - A few Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Noetic
Member of Standing

Citizenship App - A few Queries

Post by Noetic » Mon May 16, 2016 6:46 am

While already exercising treaty rights I got married and was married for a few years, until my ex started having serious mood swings, became aggressive etc. and I left eventually.

I think he's stable now but I dont particulary want to try and get in touch - I need to declare his details on form AN but do not have the current address. Is last known acceptable? I'm also not 100% sure about his birthday anymore, it has been over ten years since I last heard from him. Do I have to try and get in touch or should I be honest and admit I don't remember 100%? (I know it within a day or so but my grandma has her birthday either the day before or after and I can't remember which!)

Magarmach
Newly Registered

Re: Details of former partner

Post by Magarmach » Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 am

You dont have your old marriage certificate in your records or divorce papers? I am sure these documents have date of birth of both partners written. I have had a chance to see marriage certficate of few friends from different countries & I did see this information there.

As far as current address is concerned, you can put "last known address" to you, but please also put in explanation (or further details) section that you dont have his current address and you have put the address last known to you. Its perfectly understandable not having current address of an ex-husband/wife that you divorced 10 years ago and have no further ties (no children etc.) with him/her.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 16, 2016 8:59 am

Noetic wrote:While already exercising treaty rights I got married and was married for a few years, until my ex started having serious mood swings, became aggressive etc. and I left eventually.

I think he's stable now but I dont particulary want to try and get in touch - I need to declare his details on form AN but do not have the current address. Is last known acceptable? I'm also not 100% sure about his birthday anymore, it has been over ten years since I last heard from him. Do I have to try and get in touch or should I be honest and admit I don't remember 100%? (I know it within a day or so but my grandma has her birthday either the day before or after and I can't remember which!)
If you are divorced you would complete Q1.38 of form AN. No need for address.

If still married, fill in what you know. Add a brief explanation. if necessary, on page 22.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi all,

I just noticed he address isn't needed, no the marriage certificate doesn't have DoB just age. I am 99% certain which day it is it's just that either my cousin or my grandma have their birthdays a day either way of him and I always struggled to remember even when we were still married!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Form AN EEA/Swiss *only* passport as evidence?

Post by Noetic » Tue May 17, 2016 5:53 am

Hi,

When I made my NCS appointment I was told I *only* needed a passport as evidence to bring along (alongside the permanent residence permit) as long as it covers the last 5/6 years.

However my passport does not get stamped when I leave or entee the country - Swiss ones haven't since 2001 or thereabouts.

Do I also need to bring my P60s just to be sure?

And as I still haven't got my SAR back telling me when I attained permanent residence - will he NCS even in a smaller place like Halifax be able to check this for me?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship App - A few Queries

Post by Noetic » Fri May 20, 2016 9:46 am

Luckily my SAR came back yesterday which has my Ex's birthday on it. I got the day right :)

Interestingly even HO don't have a PR date on file but since I've had a residence permit from 2002 valid 5 years and exercised treaty rights and sent in proof of this when getting the PR card I guess I attained it sometime in 2007. And with the permanent residence permit being issued over 2 years ago even the most obstinate NCS can't quabble (one hopes!).