ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for Tier 2 general Extension - New Rule?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aarshad688
Newly Registered

Post by aarshad688 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:37 am

Hello All,

I need some help from the Experts and Gurus. My current Tier 2 Visa expires on 11th October, 2016 and I am getting organised to extend it now. My employer's sponsor license expires in september, 2017. Do my employer have to renew their sponsor license now as I am going to apply for 3 years extension or they can renew their license 3 months prior to expiry date i.e. in august, 2017?

Also I am trying to fill in the application online and the system ask for my employer's sponsor license number. The online system is saying that my employer's sponsor license number is incorrect where I have checked it several times with my employer. Is it because, they haven't assigned me CoS yet or they have to renew their license now as my visa will be extended for three years (keeping in mind that the license is still valid till september, 2017)?

Your help and prompt reply will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 16, 2016 12:36 pm

NOTE: THE OP'S POST OF TODAY, TO WHICH THIS IS MY REPLY, SEEMS TO BE MISSING

If your sponsor renews its licence before it expires there is no effect on sponsored migrants and the sponsor can assign CoSs any time before the licence expiry date (provided they have an allocation). However, If they omit to renew their licence the leave of all sponsored migrants will be curtailed.

Are you sure that in the online application they ask for your sponsor's licence number? If so, you can only get this from the sponsor as you have no access to the SMS.

Have you checked that your sponsor's name is still in the T2 register of sponsors?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply for Tier 2 general Extension - New Rule?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm

manci wrote:NOTE: THE OP'S POST OF TODAY, TO WHICH THIS IS MY REPLY, SEEMS TO BE MISSING
Sorry manci, have moved your response to the now single topic as OP posted same question in multiple threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aarshad688
Newly Registered

Post by aarshad688 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Dear Manci,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. So does it mean that the length of validity of sponsor license (provided that they have allocations) has nothing to do with the duration of my visa as along as they renew their license in september 2017?

My employer's name still exists in Tier 2 list of sponsors (my employer being an A rated sponsor)and my employer has given me the sponsor license number but the online application portal is not identifying it. It shows the following message.
Check your answers:
• licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) reference number.

I highly appreciate your help over this matter.
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 16, 2016 5:56 pm

aarshad688 wrote:Dear Manci,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. So does it mean that the length of validity of sponsor license ... has nothing to do with the duration of my visa as along as they renew their license in september 2017?
correct

My employer's name still exists in Tier 2 list of sponsors (my employer being an A rated sponsor)and my employer has given me the sponsor license number but the online application portal is not identifying it. It shows the following message.
Check your answers:
• licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) reference number.
confirm again the licence No with the sponsor and if there is an error somewhere ask them to call the employer helpline 0300 123 4699 to sort it out

I highly appreciate your help over this matter.
Thanks

aarshad688
Newly Registered

Post by aarshad688 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 am

Dear Manci,

Thanks a lot for your help. This was the mistake on HO behalf. They have sorted it out and the online application portal has accepted the sponsor license number.

Thanks once again for your help.

Best Regards,

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 am

Hi Arshad,

I am applying for my sons visa and getting the same error, I am providing the correct sponsor licence number and my sponsor is also listed on tier 2 register.

Can you please let me know that how this was corrected on your time, did you called home office or your employer did so.

Many Thanks

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 am

Basharat81 wrote:Hi Arshad,

I am applying for my sons visa and getting the same error, I am providing the correct sponsor licence number and my sponsor is also listed on tier 2 register.

Can you please let me know that how this was corrected on your time, did you called home office or your employer did so.

Many Thanks

Regards
You are unlikely to get any response as this thread is 12 months old and the member only posted 3 times and hasn't visited the forum since May 17, 2016 .
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.