ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:27 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

I hope they don't want to schedule an interview with you. I would suggest you to call VFS and discuss the missed call from BHC.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:41 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

I would suggest you to stay calm here as anything which is involved you wud be shared with you by BHC if necessary..so dont put ur head too much in this.Also how are u claiming that its a missed cal from bhc?
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:57 am

hey folks,am chilling out only yar..lion -it was not a missed call from them,my mobile was in silent mode and i missed their call and later noticed it in my missed calls list.BTW,i was worried whether it was for interview or something like that and was expecting the same when i called them..but they just said its for my information that the processing time is longer. anyways lemme wait with my fingers crossed! :)

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:11 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

Cool then...i gues the VFS/BHC had taken a new yr resolution to work at least now for the money they are getting paid. :wink:
Lion

india2uk
Newly Registered

Post by india2uk » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Guys,

Today i talk to my HR and asked to check all the mails came in last month. they have sent mail from case worker name@integrascreen.com and they asked HR to fillup and send the form though mail or fax . form contains what is the strength of the comapny, DOB, since what date he is working? designation, employee number. apart from the application form they have sent my payslip, my signature signed on VISA form last page, company experiance letter.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:27 am

hi venkatesh balakumar

dont worry too much about the missed call from BHC - when my office was processing visitor visa for me also ; the travel desk told me that VFS / BHC had called and asked for my mobile number to contact me for some reason , but later they never called and i got the business visitor visa 1 or 2 days later.

BTW , lion - how do you know that your passport has not reached back to VFS , have you paid for the courier to home facility - what about those who have not availed this facility , will VFS call and let them know if the ppt has reached back.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:34 am

india2uk,

The information you gave is xlent, thanks and many will be getting a fair bit of idea with this...hats off to your guts in pulling this secret from your HR(devils den)....... :lol:

Vidya,

If you had not availed the courier service, the VFS would call you first or mail you if you are not reachable to inform that the passport has reached the VFS..I have asked for courier service..so hence i am repeatedly checking my SMS everday after 5 PM or online status - https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx for every 30 mins... :roll:

My productivity is badly affected by ths EC since am nt doing anytg except browsing this site..also my manger is keeping a tight eye on me as he already gave me a life in integra report..he wil tak his full chance if my EC gets rejected...god shd save me... :lol:

Hope i helped..let me know if you need other...
Lion

paragon2110
Newly Registered

Post by paragon2110 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:39 am

hi guys,

i received my passport with visa stamped for 2 years.

thanks a lot to everybody on this forum for the help

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 am

Paragon,

dude i told u :)

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:17 am

hi Lion and others

what are the different status updates that the vfs track application page would give - i mean other than " application forwarded to BHC on XX" and passport received / passport dispatched to applicant"

will it give status update after integra checks are over.

i am worried about the amount of original documentation given to them , hope they keep all our docs safely and return it in the same condition

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:40 am

hi everyone

A person from integra screen called up at my desk just now and verified my employment and december pay details by asking me.

She also lastly asked " why do you want to travel to the UK" - i was a bit taken aback by this question and then after a tiny pause i told her "for employment , to work there - which is why i have applied for the HSMP visa"

I also asked her if she had my HR and reporting mgr's contact details to which she said yes and that she had received the verification already.

I did not ask her anything else , praying really hard right now for this to end well.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:41 am

vidya,

The status of Integra is not shown in the website and you can find it by calling the BHC later next week. also reg the originals, they maintain it well & its again bad luck which shdnt strike you..
Lion

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:50 am

Hi All,

I am glad to inform that I got EC today. I got the blue dart courier today and my EC is stamped from yesterday for 2 years.

Gr8 New years Gift I must say :D

Following are my timelines:
Submitted my EC application: 20 Dec
Integra verification : NO IDEA when it happened
Received passport 4 Jan with stamp date from 3 Jan

I would be glad to answer any queries and you can also PM me.
I am bit surprised on how fast this happened with my case.
Nonetheless Good Luck to one and all for their EC...

Lastly, my heartiest thanks and gratitude to EACH and everyone on this forum for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

THIS FORUM ROCKS... Keep it up guys!!!

Take care,

Andy

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 am

andy2007,

Thats a great news, jus in less than 5 working days you have got your visa.. :P ..

The guys in the waiting list, am so surprised with such quick decisions..when the BHC cry that there is huge back log, how can they process such quick decisions??? we are waiting for such a long time now and we believed tat there is a genuine back log and large volume of applications..but ths kind of decisions really make one feel that we are taken for a ride..this clearly shows that BHC thinks from its A*S
Lion

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 am

congrats andy,

which country did you apply from??

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 am

congrats andy !

You got your HSMP approval round the same time i did , i remember , mid to late october 07.

Your turnaround time on EC has been remarkable , your paperwork must have been really straightforward and clear cut ....all the best for the next steps.

You applied from vfs bangalore too , didnt u ? Do keep posting further updates.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:53 am

I think it's possible. Mind you I am just making a guess and not saying this with certainity. For eg. Company X that you work for applies WPs for their employees regularly which means Integra will probably be able to quickly judge the genuineness of the documents provided by you for employment proof without having to do a verification. Or may be they don't mandatorily to Integra verification for each and every applicant.
lion686 wrote:andy2007,

Thats a great news, jus in less than 5 working days you have got your visa.. :P ..

The guys in the waiting list, am so surprised with such quick decisions..when the BHC cry that there is huge back log, how can they process such quick decisions??? we are waiting for such a long time now and we believed tat there is a genuine back log and large volume of applications..but ths kind of decisions really make one feel that we are taken for a ride..this clearly shows that BHC thinks from its A*S

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:00 am

Hi,

Thanks for the wishes..

I applied from India and from Pune-VFS actually. It was processed at Bombay Deputy BHC.

Vidya
Yes , I had got my HSMP around the same time line as yours,I remember, around mid Oct. I tried to keep everything according to Guidelines and leave out the extra irrelevent docs. Also in case of earnings I included only those earnings that were documented and corroborated all proofs to the last paise.

Thanks,
Andy

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:21 am

andy

great job dude, congrats again..hard work pays, isnt it?

arsenalsri,

I agree to you, but if you ask me my company files atleast 20 WPs to UK every month and i mean it.Where does you logic fit in here? my cry is if the BHC takes a waiver saying they din work since there were holidays, back logs, case worker leaves,voulme of application in HSMP category e.tc..how are they able to serve one case quickly when there are many waiting? isnt there a queue ?
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:30 am

lion , i can think of a few possible reasons ....

one - Andy's visa was processed at Mumbai BHC. many of us are under processing at chennai BHC - which i feel would be one of the , if not the most, busiest in India - perhaps the backlogs are more at chennai.

Also integra is also based out of Mumbai - so the visa processing and verification both were at the same location - this may not make any difference if integra sends the report to BHC as soft copy - but if it is hard copy , it will make a difference of at least one or two days.

Pune VFS may also be having lighter caseloads than the chennai or bangalore vfs.

cant think of any more reasons , dont worry , you will get your good news soon.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:47 am

vidya,

Sounds very logical & acceptable. thanks for your reasoning..so today there is no update with my case, so wil have to wait for monday.... :twisted:
Lion

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 am

lion686 wrote:andy

great job dude, congrats again..hard work pays, isnt it?

arsenalsri,

I agree to you, but if you ask me my company files atleast 20 WPs to UK every month and i mean it.Where does you logic fit in here? my cry is if the BHC takes a waiver saying they din work since there were holidays, back logs, case worker leaves,voulme of application in HSMP category e.tc..how are they able to serve one case quickly when there are many waiting? isnt there a queue ?
Like I said it was just a theory. I file a application for EC 10 days after you do, but my Integra report comes the next day itself to BHC, where as yours could have taken time, then my file would be processed first by BHC wouldn't it. All the more like vidya says, may be BHC Mumbai having 2 offices and probably more case workers then Chennai BHC has less load.

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:58 am

Still waiting....loosing my patience ...after my HR screwed up my integra i have very little hopes..I am already thinking of alternative options...11th Day today!! phewwwww
Everything comes to an end eventully...

stevemark

Post by stevemark » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi all,

EC Application Timellines:

Submitted in VFS-Hyderabad: 12-Dec-2007
Integra Verification: No idea
Sent a mail to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk on 02-Jan-2008 and got the following reply,

Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

A decision is yet to be made on your visa application. Please allow enough
time for us to process your application, and remember that at busy times of
the year, it may take slightly longer for us to make a decision about your
application.

Yours truly,

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

They have changed the subject of the mail to "OUR REF 7XXXXX". Do anyone have any idea about this reference number??

With the current time lines of the people who are waiting I guess mine should come sometime around 14th Jan.

Thanks,
-Steve

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Daslimy1 wrote:Still waiting....loosing my patience ...after my HR screwed up my integra i have very little hopes..I am already thinking of alternative options...11th Day today!! phewwwww
I am in the same boat as of yours..... BTW what happened about ur integra...
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting