ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JR or FLR(FP)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Case worker put ILR on hold due to no HMRC returns

Post by harimyfriend » Sat May 14, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm in a similar situation but my limited company was closed down and no returns were filed for a period where I showed dividends. So I don't have CT600's. I have started the process to file SA Tax returns for the period where I claimed dividends from my limited company. Do you think I can submit just SA302's and not CT600's? Two of my accountants attested this is fine. But I'm still not sure. Any advice is helpful. Thanks, Hari.

asifaltaf_mba
Newly Registered

Re: Case worker put the ILR on hold due to no hmrc returns

Post by asifaltaf_mba » Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 pm

@hairy
Did your declare dividends in sa302 at right time or you just amded your sa302???
If sa302 is filed correctly at right time when it was actually due then you might get away with this issue...
I assume now a days they are checking sa302 if there is no amendment then you might get away...
But it totally depend on CW whether he wana cross check your sa302declared dividends with submitted ct600.
But i noticed in 90% cases they just saw sa302 if its correct them they approved ilr...

noajthan

Re: Case worker put ILR on hold due to no HMRC returns

Post by noajthan » Sun May 15, 2016 7:01 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

Re: Case worker put the ILR on hold due to no hmrc returns

Post by harimyfriend » Sun May 15, 2016 7:38 pm

asifaltaf_mba wrote:@hairy
Did your declare dividends in sa302 at right time or you just amded your sa302???
If sa302 is filed correctly at right time when it was actually due then you might get away with this issue...
I assume now a days they are checking sa302 if there is no amendment then you might get away...
But it totally depend on CW whether he wana cross check your sa302declared dividends with submitted ct600.
But i noticed in 90% cases they just saw sa302 if its correct them they approved ilr...
Hey Asif,

I am going to amend one (for the original T1G visa application period) and also submit new SA's (for T1G extension period). My accountant suggested I do SA's thoroughly for the last five years to be safe. Anyways I am writing a cover letter explaining what happened. So hopefully they'll understand.

Many thanks for your advice.
H

sunny_sunny
United Kingdom

Re: Case worker put ILR on hold due to no HMRC returns

Post by sunny_sunny » Tue May 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Yours is a tough case, if you have not filed Tax returns in that financial years. Don't believe accountants, they don't know anything about immigration matters. Go through a solicitor.

harimyfriend
Newly Registered

JR or FLR(FP)

Post by harimyfriend » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 am

Hello all, this forum has always been a great help to many and I am hoping to tap into the knowledge pool with my query below. Please bear with me as it’s a bit of a mess.

Entered UK as student in Sept 2007, later granted PSW
T1(G): granted in April 2011
T1(G) ext: granted in May 2013
Applied for ILR: 17 May 2016
Refused: 17 Oct 2017
Reason: 322(5) and 245(CD)
Been in the UK for 10 years

I had two amendments (2009/10 and 2010/11) and SA tax returns (2012/13 and 2013/14) were filed late, in 2016. All taxes have been paid off in full prior to refusal.

On the refusal latter HO has said that I declared a lower income to HMRC during my 2011 T1G application. The proof they have is a CT600 my old accountant had submitted to HMRC for (2010/11) period. However even with the original figures submitted to HMRC (as per the CT600), I’d still qualify for T1G.

They have also said that “Had you declared the same earnings in your application for May 2013 (ie: my T1G ext) which was consistent with your earnings declarations to HMRC, you would not have scored sufficient points under leave to remain to be granted” – this is incorrect as I did not declare incorrect figures to HMRC. It’s true that I filed my tax returns late, but the figures submitted to UKVI and HMRC are one and the same. There have been no amendments. I also had no extra tax to pay after I had filed these SA tax returns.

To top it off, HO has also made a number of mistakes/ misinterpretation of words on the refusal letter including the few below:

a) They have quoted an incorrect figure as something I’ve claimed in dividends for my T1G ext application
b) Got the points awarded wrong (awarded 30 instead of 35 for academic qualification)
c) They said I submitted the tax returns after I was informed of the discrepancy – but I did this before I even submitted the ILR application

Hands up, I know I did not file the tax returns on time (I have my honest reasons).

But,
a) I qualify for T1G even with the original figures claimed to HMRC and
b) there have been no amendments for my T1G ext application and after filing the SA tax returns (late), no tax owed to HMRC… How can HO say that I declared different amounts to HMRC and HO to reduce my tax liability?

Based on these facts (hope they are clear) do the valued members think I should go for AR and then JR or AR and then submit an FLR(FP) application?

Many thanks for all your valued comments in advance.
Hari