ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublin7777

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by dublin7777 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:27 pm

@ Kingdoman and NINIOLA is being a while hopefully GOD help us we should be among the batch for approval very soon.
@ kingdoman I emailed INIS on Friday last, and a lady replied me that my application is currently been processed. that they will get in touch as soon as possible, after my file has been prepared to be submitted over a year. what does processed mean and what type of stage is this. thanks.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:51 pm

dublin7777 wrote:@ Kingdoman and NINIOLA is being a while hopefully GOD help us we should be among the batch for approval very soon.
@ kingdoman I emailed INIS on Friday last, and a lady replied me that my application is currently been processed. that they will get in touch as soon as possible, after my file has been prepared to be submitted over a year. what does processed mean and what type of stage is this. thanks.
Dublin777! How are u doing my bro?? Don't worry we shall rejoice together very soon,just keep ur mind off it and stay out of troubles. Ur efforts will be crowned very soon. I do pray for everyone and I know the precious God will answer our prayers.Do have a nice week ahead.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:51 pm

KingdomMan wrote:Hey folks! The crystal ball has just revealed a tsunami of approvals in this new week coming through to the first week in June. Good luck to all and congratulations in advance! :D
Thats some great news!!! Goodluck to all of us waiting guys!! Hopefully will have it in our hands soon!!!xx

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Niniola thanks man .I wish we all the best in this race of life.

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Mon May 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi,

I send my file on 23 of March and the department received on 29 of March. Today is 16 May nearly 2 months and Still waiting for Acknowledgement letter. I rang them they said they have a backlog of applications. Is that normal?

Is there anyone who applied around the same time. Whats their status. What should i do?

Kind Regards
RxIrish

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon May 16, 2016 2:49 pm

rgirish wrote:Hi,

I send my file on 23 of March and the department received on 29 of March. Today is 16 May nearly 2 months and Still waiting for Acknowledgement letter. I rang them they said they have a backlog of applications. Is that normal?

Is there anyone who applied around the same time. Whats their status. What should i do?

Kind Regards
RxIrish

Hi RxIrish

i applied long term residence after 5 years Eufem on 21st March and Naturalization on 26th April.
did not get acknowledgement for any of the Application. Seems like they are really busy. i will update here once i hear back something.

p0nc1k
Newly Registered

Post by p0nc1k » Mon May 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi all,

I applied December 1, 2016 and e-mailed the citizenship department today about my application. I received the following reply : "Your application is at an advanced stage & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible." While I am hopeful that I will hear back this summer, I am a bit confused about what to do about my GNIB card renewal in the meantime.

My stamp 4 card (issued under de facto visa) is expiring in July and I need to go to Germany to attend a wedding with my husband in August. I recently got married to an Irish citizen last year just around the same time as my naturalisation application. I'm a visa national, so can not travel to Schengen countries without a visa, nor I have a Stamp 4EU (haven't applied for one).

I would need to renew my GNIB card to be able to apply for Schengen visa as there is a "3 months validity" rule. I doubt I would get to sort all out before friends' wedding in August.

Does anyone know if Stamp 4EU is given at the GNIB office similar to other stamps? I could not find out what is required (documents, timeline etc) and if I renew this time, if I would get a Stamp 4 again, which unfortunately does not give me right to travel with my husband.

Thanks

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Hey Guys

finally i got Acknowledgement today. Date on letter is 11th May.
i sent application by Solicitor on 26th April. so in almost 2 weeks they issued

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Mon May 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Deekay wrote:

Kind Regards
RxIrish

Hi RxIrish

i applied long term residence after 5 years Eufem on 21st March and Naturalization on 26th April.
did not get acknowledgement for any of the Application. Seems like they are really busy. i will update here once i hear back something.
Hi Deekay,

you mentioned that you got the acknowledgement today. is that of LTR or of Naturalisation. However, I applied nearly a month before you did .

Thanks RgIrish

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon May 16, 2016 8:32 pm

rgirish wrote:
Deekay wrote:

Kind Regards
RxIrish

Hi RxIrish

Hi Deekay,

you mentioned that you got the acknowledgement today. is that of LTR or of Naturalisation. However, I applied nearly a month before you did .

Thanks RgIrish
Hi there

This Acknowledgement is for Naturalization application which i made on 26th April.
for LTR Solicitor said it takes 3 months to get acknowledgement these days.

you should contact INIS about your application i think

i wish you good luck

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello all
I did speak to them today and the lady said that my file at very final stage
she said they expected thousands of approval in the coming weeks.
good luck for everyone

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Tue May 17, 2016 3:13 pm

when did you submitted your application
hamada1092 wrote:Hello all
good luck for everyone

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue May 17, 2016 5:35 pm

hamada1092 wrote:Hello all
good luck for everyone
Thank you for sharing the information.
I am expecting a large wave of approvals, since government is now stabilised and it has been a couple of months since last approvals. But thousands? WOW!!! It seems we are a lot in the queue

Good luck to all, and hope to hear the approvals next days

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 pm

@KingdomMan, Kindly need to tell me how does it takes for application for naturlisation by irish associates takes?

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Wed May 18, 2016 12:30 am

My wife applied on 11/3/2016.
Waited for two months with no acknowledgement letter.We e mailed them last week ,they asked her about the registered post number.Then they said they got the application.Today they sent the acknowledgment with request for further documents.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 am

michaelshodipo66 wrote:@KingdomMan, Kindly need to tell me how does it takes for application for naturlisation by irish associates takes?
If the application is for a minor child it doesn't take long (averagely 2 - 4 months) but if the application is for an adult then it could take longer than necessary. It's best for an adult to apply based on Irish spouse or 5 year residency.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed May 18, 2016 7:52 am

13Warrior wrote:My wife applied on 11/3/2016.
Waited for two months with no acknowledgement letter.We e mailed them last week ,they asked her about the registered post number.Then they said they got the application.Today they sent the acknowledgment with request for further documents.
Always ensure you fill in your application forms properly and adequately with all necessary and relevant documents attached with it to ensure you don't encounter any undue delays. Do send the department the requested additional documents ASAP. Best of luck to your spouse!

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks KingdomMan.You have always been very helpful.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed May 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I submitted my application on 18th of Feb 2016, I got my first and 2nd letter already. I sent them an email last Thursday to see my application status. I got response today.

Hi xxxx,

As per our correspondence to you dates 11 May 2016, Your application is currently being processed, While it is not possible to giv e an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards,

Citizenship Division
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

D13
Newly Registered

Post by D13 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:38 pm

I requested a status update today and got a new stage in processing apparently - well advanced :D
Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of
the Ministers decision in due course.
anyway, instead of worrying about possible decisions and dates I've made my mind to do summer holidays in May-June, there is one week off in my son's school, so he won't miss too much

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu May 19, 2016 2:16 pm

D13 wrote:I requested a status update today and got a new stage in processing apparently - well advanced :D
Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of
the Ministers decision in due course.
anyway, instead of worrying about possible decisions and dates I've made my mind to do summer holidays in May-June, there is one week off in my son's school, so he won't miss too much
Apparently a decision's made already in your case and hopefully you should recieve a letter to that effect from the INIS in the coming days just as many others would be gettung their long awaited approval letters.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:55 pm

llvlludi wrote:I submitted my application on 18th of Feb 2016, I got my first and 2nd letter already. I sent them an email last Thursday to see my application status. I got response today.

Hi xxxx,

As per our correspondence to you dates 11 May 2016, Your application is currently being processed, While it is not possible to giv e an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards,

Citizenship Division
@llvlludi i was getting same email (your application is currently being processed. ......) since last oct. And end of last month they asked me few documents (was my mistake in application form wn i was filling the form ) that they asked me on my request because i wrote them lettr asking the reason for the that much delay of my application. I would suggest bro. As u just sent them doc few days before so wait and hopefully will be fine if u getting same email few more weeks or months than sure ask them reason by written letter .As my experience they just wait and delays the application as long we don't ask them reason. But I'm sure they will be in touch with you soon bcoz they have already contacted you nd u will be getting good news hopefully.

In my case frnd they asking me Visa copy which have expired today and been to local immigration as u advised but guy that they not allow to give me any stamp and i should wait for the Eutreaty decision which I have applied last October and nd now its almost 7months. I'm wondering frnd are they taking that long?or only me?.as i know u applied before me so any news for u ?
And if anyone know the link of the Eutreaty board2016 approval please so i can find or ask to them something there.
Good luck to u frnd nd to all who is waiting.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm

dhruv87 wrote:
llvlludi wrote:I submitted my application on 18th of Feb 2016, I got my first and 2nd letter already. I sent them an email last Thursday to see my application status. I got response today.

Hi xxxx,

Regards,

Citizenship Division
@llvlludi i was getting same email (your application is currently being processed. ......) since last oct. And end of last month they asked me few documents (was my mistake in application form wn i was filling the form ) that they asked me on my request because i wrote them lettr asking the reason for the that much delay of my application. I would suggest bro. As u just sent them doc few days before so wait and hopefully will be fine if u getting same email few more weeks or months than sure ask them reason by written letter .As my experience they just wait and delays the application as long we don't ask them reason. But I'm sure they will be in touch with you soon bcoz they have already contacted you nd u will be getting good news hopefully.

In my case frnd they asking me Visa copy which have expired today and been to local immigration as u advised but guy that they not allow to give me any stamp and i should wait for the Eutreaty decision which I have applied last October and nd now its almost 7months. I'm wondering frnd are they taking that long?or only me?.as i know u applied before me so any news for u ?
And if anyone know the link of the Eutreaty board2016 approval please so i can find or ask to them something there.
Good luck to u frnd nd to all who is waiting.
Hi Friend,

Thanks for replying me. I sent them additional documents a month ago, and it took them one month to send me a confirmation letter.

Anyways, Few days ago, I just sent them my updated visa and GNIB card copy. I hope they will continue processing my application now.

Regarding my EU Treaty Right Application / Indefinite stamp, there is still no news yet. It's almost 8 months now, i am still waiting.

I am surprised you were not given any stamp from your local immigration officer, again it depends on immigration officer as well, some are really nice while others are grumpy.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 am

Loads of good news this week... Bring it on folks! :D

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon May 23, 2016 9:49 am

KingdomMan wrote:Loads of good news this week... Bring it on folks! :D
I'm sure will be this week and next one

If I consider the time took my wife to get approval after second letter, I should be getting mine early next week.

I know, every case is different but I'm sure mine is Ir will be in the way soon