ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur visa- Bank letter-Urgent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jenny02
Newly Registered

Entrepreneur visa- Bank letter-Urgent

Post by jenny02 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:11 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently on graduate entrepreneur visa and applying for entrepreneur visa. I have raised £190k from angel investors and I need to show a document from my company's bank Barclays confirming the funds , bank info, contact details of investors, my relationship with them and their contact info. Barclays bank is not ready to provide this document as they do not have this contact info of the investors and they are not even agreeing to give me a letter confirming the funds.

This is a mandatory document and I am certain my visa application would be rejected without this. Has anyone dealt with barclays or any other bank to get a similar letter? I am not sure what do to do if I do not get this letter. Can someone help me with this.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Entrepreneur visa- Bank letter-Urgent

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2016 10:29 am

I am not sure what document you are referring to ?? It is silly to expect a bank to issue such a letter to you which has nothing to do with them, in fact no bank will do that.
Can you point out the evidence you are referring to in the guide/rules ???
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jenny02
Newly Registered

Post by jenny02 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:46 am

zimba88 wrote:I am not sure what document you are referring to ?? It is silly to expect a bank to issue such a letter to you which has nothing to do with them, in fact no bank will do that.
Can you point out the evidence you are referring to in the guide/rules ???
Thanks for your reply. This is what the form says and it is a mandatory requirement-

A letter from a financial institution
115. You can provide a letter from a financial institution holding the funds, to confirm the amount
of money available to you, your business (or your team, if you have formed an entrepreneurial
team).
The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000
as applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a recent
letter from each institution. If the money is not held in pounds sterling, we will use the rate of
conversion on the Oanda website to convert the money into pounds sterling,
using the exchange rate that applies on the date of the application.
Each letter must:
 be an original document and not a copy;
 be on the institution’s official headed paper;
 have been issued by an authorised official of that institution; and
 have been produced within the 31 days immediately before the date of your
application.
Each letter must also confirm each of the following details:
 the account number;
 that the institution is regulated by the appropriate body;
 your name, and your team member’s name if you have formed a entrepreneurial team;
 the date of the document;
 the minimum balance available from your own funds (if applicable) that has been held in
that institution during a consecutive 90-day period of time, ending on the date of the letter;
 the amount of money available to your business. If the money is available to your
business rather than to you by name, you must be registered as a director of that
business in the UK and provide a Companies House document showing the address of
the registered office in the UK or head office in the UK. The Companies House document
must also show your name (and the name of your team member if appropriate) as it
appears on the application form as a director;
 that if the money is not in an institution regulated by the FCA/PRA, the money can be
If the money is awarded by a third party other than a venture capital firm, seed funding
competition or a UK government department/devolved government department, then the letter
from the financial institution holding the funds must also include the following details:
 For money being held by a third party at the time of your application and not in your
possession, confirmation that the third party has informed the institution of the amount of
money that the third party intends to make available to you, and that the institution is not
aware of the third party having promised to make that money available to any other person;
 Confirmation of the name of each third party and their contact details, including their full
address, postal code, telephone contact number and any e-mail address.
Please note: it is important to ensure that any letter from the third party’s financial institution
states that the third party has confirmed that they intend to make the money available to you.
This is to ensure that the funds are made available to you (and your team member, if applicable)

and not to anyone else

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Personal bank statements are enough, you are not required to send that letter if you send personal bank statements. In the Tier 1E guide says:
114. You must provide one or more of the following documents:
That means any evidence given under item 115 or (116 & 117) or 118 is acceptable.
If you are apply to switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, you only need 50K held in your own account for at least 90 days. Simply sending personal bank statements will be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jenny02
Newly Registered

Post by jenny02 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:28 pm

zimba88 wrote:Personal bank statements are enough, you are not required to send that letter if you send personal bank statements. In the Tier 1E guide says:
114. You must provide one or more of the following documents:
That means any evidence given under item 115 or (116 & 117) or 118 is acceptable.
If you are apply to switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, you only need 50K held in your own account for at least 90 days. Simply sending personal bank statements will be enough

115: Applies to us because we have raised funding from 3rd party i.e. individual angel investors
116 & 117: Does not apply, because we don't have £50K in our personal account, but in our business account(from angel investors)
118: Doesn't apply to us as we didn't raise money from VC, seed fund and UK govt department/intermediary public funds

Also.I closed the funding round in end of march so the funds have been in the account for less than 90 days

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 18, 2016 5:08 pm

In that case getting such a letter from a bank will almost be impossible as they will not issue such a letter under most circumstances with the information HO wants. Such a requirement is bizarre :?

You either have to:

1) find a way to get the funds to your personal bank account and supply a third party declaration from the angels to get your visa, then move the money back to your business (negotiate this with your investors)

2) if you can, claim the money has been already invested in your business (providing company accounts, compilation report, share certificates, etc) same as required for extension. This means you score points directly for investment as given under item 74.

kath16
Newly Registered

Post by kath16 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi jenny02

What did you do at the end? I am applying for initial appl but having similar situation with 3rd party. It doesn't seem that Santander will give letter with reference to applicants, the max they would do is confirming the balance the angel investor has.

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by mierzwix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm

I have the same situation, any help or advice? How did you handle it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 pm

mierzwix wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm
I have the same situation, any help or advice? How did you handle it?
Please do not dig up 5.5 year old topics to tag onto.

Please start your own topic with your circumstances and questions. Thank you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.