ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Questions on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by pogotosh » Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for my British Citizenship via NCS next month and had a few questions concerning completing the Form AN. I have tried to go through this topic to address most of the questions myself but still have a few queries and would hence appreciate your assistance.

1. Details of your Partner (Question 1.32 to Question 1.37)

I got married couple of months ago . My partner is a Non EU citizen as well. But my partner and I will be making separate applications ( with separate appointments) for our British Citizenship as we both both secured our ILR separately when we were both single. Hence, do I still need to complete the partner section in the Form AN? Or can this be left blank?

2. Date of First Arrival in the UK (Question 2.1)

I noticed that this question has been previously on this topic but I wasn't able to clearly understand the suggested answer for the same.

I came to UK originally in September 2008 to pursue my Masters. I subsequently secured Tier 2 for my full time employment and then got my ILR last year. Hence what should be the appropriate date to enter for this question?

The guide seems to imply that this should be the "day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long term basis". I am not sure if coming on a student visa qualifies under this criterion. Hence, can someone please clarify?

3. BRP Enclosed & Do you want the Home Office to retain your BRP (Question 6.7 and 6.11)

Based on the discussion on the previous pages, I inferred that I need to choose yes to Question 6.7 if I am applying through NCS. Is that correct?

If so, can you please let me know what should be my response for 6.11? Given, NCS will give me back the BRP after certifying my photocopy, I assume the answer should be no? But can someone please confirm?

4. Photocopy of Spouse's Passport

As a follow up to my 1st question, given my wife is not applying with me, do I need to enclose a photocopy of my spouse's passport?

5. Referees and Identify ( Section 5)

I have looked at the list of accepted professionals on the UKBA website and have identified two individuals to reach out to. But would be good to know if my thinking is along the right lines

1. An ACA accountant who currently works in a bank as a Research Analyst (An Indian Citizen on Tier 2).
2. A British Citizen who is currently employed on a FT basis at a Bank.

In general, does anyone working at a Bank qualify as a "Banking Official". Does anyone have any clarity on this issue?

Apologies for the long post and Thanks a lot for your assistance guys.

noajthan

Re: Questions on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Mon May 16, 2016 11:43 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

Sure. Thanks noajthan

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm

Will appreciate any assistance with these queries. Thanks in advance.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon May 23, 2016 3:00 pm

For 2 - I put the date I arrived on a spouse visa, but on page 22 I put date arrived as a student xx/xx/xxxx, date arrived with intent to settle yy/yy/yyyy, since when I came as a student I genuinely did not intend to settle her permanently.

tychen
Newly Registered

Post by tychen » Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 pm

For 3 - I had ticked "yes" but my NCS checker crossed it out, changed it to "no", and then wrote on the form that it had been checked by NCS.

pogotosh
Newly Registered

Post by pogotosh » Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks both for the clarification