ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Tourist Visa Processing Time

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karg_g

India Tourist Visa Processing Time

Post by karg_g » Tue May 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Friends,

Anybody recently applied for India tourist visa and what was the processing time. One of my friend told me that the visa if granted will be immediate and you can't put a later start date.

Planning to travel on end of June, dont want to gamble with OCI, as it can be delayed
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: India Tourist Visa Processing Time

Post by CR001 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Assuming you are a British citizen now, did you apply for the new e-visa or a normal tourist visa.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alien.uk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alien.uk » Wed May 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Standard Visa - 3 to 5 Working days
e-visa - should apply online atleast 72 hours before the travel date but I'm told that usually it only takes 24 hours.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Wed May 18, 2016 10:06 pm

CR001 - Its for my child who just got naturalized and passport obtained via JCAP. I wanted to apply for OCI, but the travel date of 30th June is fixed for me (long term plan). I had applied through JCAP on 03-03-2016 at Wandsworth NCS. I was hoping i would have passport by beginning of May. Unfortunately i am delayed by almost 3 weeks.

Wife wants to stay for 2 months or so, since our 1st Child starts full term school in Sep. Hence have to apply regular tourist visa.

Alien.uk - Thanks for your response.
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation