ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check with council for ceremony certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Check with council for ceremony certificate

Post by david1955 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi,

Just a general question , as you are aware homeoffice don't give any update until 6 months has lapsed in your application.

And following current timelines people are receiving there approval letter 2-3 weeks after they are generated, so is it possible to check with the council if they have received the certificate or not. Do council let us know if they have received the certificate or not without the home office approval letter?

sshah20
Pakistan

Re: Check with council for ceremony certificate

Post by sshah20 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Yes it batter to ring council occasionally. As it happend with me my certificate received by the council in Feb and I didn't get any approval letter from home office perhaps last in the post. I only came to knew on 30th April when I received council invitation letter and when I called council they confirmed that we received your certificate almost three months ago. I think there is nothing wrong in contacting your local council.