ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied 6 months ago, HO asking for more proofs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Applied 6 months ago, HO asking for more proofs

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Does the country that issued you the "old passport" allow dual nationality or has your "old passport" become invalid because you have acquired British nationality? If the former then yes but if the latter then no.

You should not travel abroad without a valid travel document. Naturalisation certificate is not a travel document.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Gabrielle72

Post by Gabrielle72 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Thank you:)

Gabrielle72

Re: ceremony

Post by Gabrielle72 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi everyone

I just had my ceremony two days ago and I got my certificate. Now, I'm a bit confused about what I need to send back to Home Office as a BRP. I have a piece of paper with a label with a bar code that's says HOME OFFICE BRP. It's not a card it's just a piece of paper. This is my BRP that I have to send back in 5 days? When I did my biometrics the guy at the post office didn't mentioned anything about this. Sorry but can someone clarify it for me? Also I got this as the address where I'm suppose to send them back: Returns Unit
PO Box 163, Bristol, BS20 1AB . IIt's correct? Many thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Don't you have a card which says Indefinate leave to remain. It's pinkish! that's what needs to be returned.

Gabrielle72

Post by Gabrielle72 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for your answer. No I don't. I didn't had ILR. I had a blue one (Blue Card) as a card for residency that's been given to me 5 years ago?

Gabrielle72

passport interview

Post by Gabrielle72 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi all

I looked on the site first where should I post this question but I'm not really sure so I will put it here. I apologize for this. I sent the documents for my first UK passport two days ago and I called them today to see if I can book an interview because I've read somewhere on this site that you don't have to necessarily wait for the letter to come through but I've been told that I have to wait for the letter. Is that always the case? Thanks