ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN EEA/Swiss *only* passport as evidence & Date of PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Noetic
Member of Standing

Form AN EEA/Swiss *only* passport as evidence & Date of PR

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Oops just realised I posted this as a reply to myself on another thread a few days ago, no wonder the "thread" had no replies! :oops:

When I made my NCS appointment I was told I *only* needed a passport as evidence to bring along (alongside the permanent residence permit) as long as it covers the last 5/6 years.

However my passport does not get stamped when I leave or entee the country - Swiss ones haven't since 2001 or thereabouts.

Do I also need to bring my P60s just to be sure? (I think I will anyway)

And as I still haven't got my SAR back telling me when I attained permanent residence - will the NCS even in a smaller place like Halifax be able to check this for me?

I tried to get in touch with them to ask but was told they are not an advice centre and only check things, but surely they have to know enough so they don't end up sending my application off with missing information because THEY told me the wrong thing?

Also I have read that date of attaining ILR / PR is not actually required for EEA route (especially as I have held the PR card for over 2 years now), is this correct?

LilyLalilu

Re: Form AN EEA/Swiss *only* passport as evidence & Date of

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 pm

As long as they have a phone, they should be able to check the date you obtained PR with the HO :) But should not be necessary anyways, because as you held your DCPR for over 2 years now, it wouldn't actually matter if they went by the date on the document instead of your actual PR date; you'd still have the required one year free from immigration restrictions.
Definitely bring other evidence for residence, passports only are only good for non-EEA nationals who get their passports stamped, EEA nationals need to provide additional evidence such as P60s or bank statements/utility bills etc. That's mainly necessary for the year/years after you obtained PR as your 5-years residence for PR would have already been verified during the DCPR application process.
Last edited by LilyLalilu on Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Noetic wrote:Oops just realised I posted this as a reply to myself on another thread a few days ago, no wonder the "thread" had no replies! :oops:

When I made my NCS appointment I was told I *only* needed a passport as evidence to bring along (alongside the permanent residence permit) as long as it covers the last 5/6 years.

However my passport does not get stamped when I leave or entee the country - Swiss ones haven't since 2001 or thereabouts.

Do I also need to bring my P60s just to be sure? (I think I will anyway)

And as I still haven't got my SAR back telling me when I attained permanent residence - will the NCS even in a smaller place like Halifax be able to check this for me?

I tried to get in touch with them to ask but was told they are not an advice centre and only check things, but surely they have to know enough so they don't end up sending my application off with missing information because THEY told me the wrong thing?

Also I have read that date of attaining ILR / PR is not actually required for EEA route (especially as I have held the PR card for over 2 years now), is this correct?
Yes, take a bunch of evidence to prove your residency as well as exercising of treaty rights. P60s is just one example of such evidence.
Crosscheck with the guidance.

NCS call up HO to crosscheck an applicant's PR status in the HO CID databank.
I suspect even in Halifax they will have access to a phone.

If you are referring to a 'date of ILR' question on AN form, it relates to ILR which is for UK route applicants.
Once you know it you could add your date of acquiring PR in the additional info section of the form.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:As long as they have a phone, they should be able to check the date you obtained PR with the HO :) But should not be necessary anyways, because as you held your DCPR for over 2 years now, it wouldn't actually matter if they went by the date on the document instead of your actual PR date; you'd still have the required one year free from immigration restrictions.
Definitely bring other evidence for residence, passports only are only good for non-EEA nationals who get their passports stamped, EEA nationals need to provide additional evidence such as P60s or bank statements/utility bills etc. That's mainly necessary for the year/years after you obtained PR as your 5-years residence for PR would have already been verified during the DCPR application process.
OK I have all my P60s from 2001 onwards so this shouldn't be a problem :)

I did tell them on the phone that my passport does NOT get stamped but they were adamant that is all I need :roll:

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 3:04 pm

noajthan wrote:Yes, take a bunch of evidence to prove your residency as well as exercising of treaty rights. P60s is just one example of such evidence.
Crosscheck with the guidance.
OK I have all employment contracts and P60s since 2001 plus rental contracts / utility bills etc for the last few. (Plus a letter of reference from a private landlady for 2005-2014)
NCS call up HO to crosscheck an applicant's PR status in the HO CID databank.
I suspect even in Halifax they will have access to a phone.
I wouldn't be too sure ;)
If you are referring to a 'date of ILR' question on AN form, it relates to ILR which is for UK route applicants.
Once you know it you could add your date of acquiring PR in the additional info section of the form.
OK will do, thanks.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Ok interestingly I got back my SAR today and they put unknown as date of attaining PR, because when I first got a residence permit Switzerland had just started the Bilateral agreements although I was at the time applying as the spouse of a BC.

PR permit was issued on the basis of evidence of exercising treaty rights going back to 2001/2.

I was issued with a 5 year residence permit in August 2002 and have evidence of exercising treaty rights from 2001 to present so would put IRL/permanent residence as August 2007. I'll be sure to bring those copies with me for my NCS appointment.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Swiss - Even Home Office don't know when PR attained?

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 pm

The good news is I got my SAR material back before my NCS appointment. The confusing news is in the documentation behind my pink Swiss EEA PR permit being issued, they put "unknown" for Date PR attained. Hm...

I was issued a residence permit as a Swiss / EEA citizen in August 2002 and have been exercising treaty rights throughout this time and also have proof of exercising treaty rights as a worker from 2001-2016 (except for a 3 month gap in 2010 where I was volunteering between jobs) which I will include.

I just hope the local NCS will understand the circumstances, because if even the Home Office can't tell when exactly I attained PR (since I originally applied as a spouse when I was married for 3 years, and Switzerland sealed the bilateral agreements that put it on a par with EEA nationals around the same time, they themselves put in that they think that's when I started exercising rights as a worker) then what chance does a small local NCS office, who put our false information about only needing a passport as evidence of residence (when many passports including EU/EEA don't get stamped on entry!), have?

LilyLalilu

Re: Swiss - Even Home Office don't know when PR attained?

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Do you hold a DCPR? (I believe you said you did in another post but from this post I'm not sure you do)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Swiss - Even Home Office don't know when PR attained?

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 9:24 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Do you hold a DCPR? (I believe you said you did in another post but from this post I'm not sure you do)
If you mean the pink PR card, yes I do.

Issued March 2014 on the basis of evidence going back to 2003-2013, but the casework for this clearly states "unknown" as date PR attained :roll:

I was issued an EEA residence card in 2002 valid until 2007 during which I was employed in the same job and have both letters confirming employment as well as P60s for 2001-2007, all payslips for 2007/8 (that P60 seems to have gone missing somewhere), and all P60s from 2008/9 to present.

At a guess that means I attained PR sometime in 2007?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

If the Document Certifying Permanent Residence you hold was issued that long ago, it doesn't really matter that there is no date in their system, just use the document issue date as your PR date. Maybe it wasn't common practice back then to record the date PR status was attained in their database.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Possible although the PR card was only from 2014 - the case notes do show they really weren't too sure about the Switzerland situation as they mistakenly made it an EU member in their discussions. The expired 2002 permit I got was the correct EEA one at the time though ;)

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu May 19, 2016 10:43 pm

If you got a DCPR issued more than a year ago you are fine regardless of whether they've got a PR date on their systems or not. The pink one is for Swiss citizens, the Blue one for EEA nationals - so should be good :)

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 19, 2016 10:46 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:If you got a DCPR issued more than a year ago you are fine regardless of whether they've got a PR date on their systems or not. The pink one is for Swiss citizens, the Blue one for EEA nationals - so should be good :)
Any idea about the evidence of residence? Are P60s and employment contracts enough? (Since my passport doesn't get stamped)

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu May 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Should be enough, especially if you've worked full-time as you can't really be working here without being here...but if you've got anything else such as landlord letters or some utility bills, I'd say just send them as well, just for good measure :D

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri May 20, 2016 6:22 am

LilyLalilu wrote:Should be enough, especially if you've worked full-time as you can't really be working here without being here...but if you've got anything else such as landlord letters or some utility bills, I'd say just send them as well, just for good measure :D
Thanks HO have had everything up to 2013 already for the pink PR card but I'll take along the P60s, rental letters/contracts and my first mortgage statement. Just find it worrying that this NCS is dishing out instructions that directly contradict instructions in the HO documentation accompanying Form AN.

Another question - is it enough to take the documents and form
along and NCS check and put it in an envelope or do I have to bundle everything up before I go to my NCS appointment?

Also - the AN guidelines only say not to wear dark glasses on the photo, assume this means normal glasses are OK?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

P60's alone are sufficient.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 am

ohara wrote:P60's alone are sufficient.
Excellent. Definitely glad I've filed everything properly over the years!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 am

LilyLalilu wrote:If you got a DCPR issued more than a year ago you are fine regardless of whether they've got a PR date on their systems or not. The pink one is for Swiss citizens, the Blue one for EEA nationals - so should be good :)
I got the permit in 2014 when Switzerland voted to breach the Bilateral Agreement with the EU - I am very glad now that I did, what with the new requirements and all!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue May 24, 2016 11:13 am

NCS Halifax definitely didn't know about needing to prove evidence of residence, I did get them to copy P60s from 2010-2016 but they didn't want the tenancy docs and mortgage statement.

Their photo copy quality is also not brilliant so I really hope using them hasn't been a mistake!