ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virgotash

ILR Spouse Eligibility

Post by virgotash » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:04 am

Hi all,

I am keen to know the eligibility for ILR for my wife, Its too early at the moment but curious to know for future case preparation i.e. Life in the UK test and English test. Instead explaining in paragraph i like to let you know chronological order of immigration history to make it simple.

I got PSW visa 10-Feb-2011 to 10-Feb-2013
My wife got visa as dependent 29-Mar-2011
I switch my visa to tier 1 general 11-May-2011 to 11-May-2013
My wife entered in UK on 03-Aug-2012 on the same visa.
Now I got further 3 years extension till 14-Mar-2017 and my wife as well.
But I am eligible to apply for ILR in May-2016. Is my wife eligible as she got visa on 29-Mar-2011 or not because she entered in UK after 9-Jul-2012 where she has to complete 5 years. I am a bit confused can anyone shed light.

Thanks in advance.

virgotash

Re: ILR Spouse Eligibility

Post by virgotash » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:45 pm

no one like to advise........... :cry:

vinny

Re: ILR Spouse Eligibility

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:07 pm

I think that your wife may be included in your SET(O), if you are applying for SET(O) under the 5 year route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

virgotash

Spouse ILR application

Post by virgotash » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi,

I am here to seek some advise regarding my wife visa application.
I will apply for ILR in May 2016 from Tier 1 General and my wife is also eligible to apply with me. I am going to use premium service but thinking to apply her ILR after I got mine because still we both have leave to remain till March 2017.

Could you advise pros and cons. Will there be any impact on her immigration category i.e. being spouse of settled person. And lastly will this also impact my kids as I am going to apply for them afterward as well.

Thanks in advance for you help and assistance.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse ILR application

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:17 pm

No impact. Many people do this, main applicant first in person and then spouse and children by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 pm

I believe the general advise is to leave around 2 hours between appointments.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks CR001 for prompt reply. For all dependents still use FLR(O) form. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 pm

For your wife and children to apply for ILR it is form SET(O), same as your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virgotash

Continuous residence rule.

Post by virgotash » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi all,
I am here to seek advise regarding my absence during my Tier 1 General visa.

Tier 1 General visa granted on 11/05/2011.
Out of UK from 11/07/2011 to 04/10/2011 (86 days) absence was sever illness of dad followed by death on 15/09/2011.

17/01/2013 to 03/02/2013 (18 days) partial holidays paid as I have only few to be paid. This was family visit as well as own business in foreign which earnings I claimed for Visa extension. In this case only require letter from employer for partial holidays paid or I can write a letter being self employed to justify absence.
I am worried about this because there are different answers from UKBA as well on board. If could shed light on any repercussion for any option. Will this break continuity if i say i was overseas but not economical active in UK. I have below post which i most concern about.

UK Border Agency

27 March 2013

Dear Sir,

I am sorry but we do not provide advice or comments on individual cases, but I can tell you that a Tier 1 (General) migrant is not required to be consistently employed in the UK, but must be economically active here. Tier 1 (General) category was introduced to allow highly skilled people to look for work or self-employment opportunities in the UK. Tier 1 (General) migrants can seek employment in the UK without a sponsor, and can take up self-employment and business opportunities here.

If a Tier 1 (General) migrant was outside of the UK for any reason other than to take annual leave, they would need to explain the reason for the absence and how they continued to be economically active (engaged in business and earning an income here) whist outside of the UK.

From 6 April 2013, Tier 1 (General) migrants will be required to submit evidence of all absences from the UK during the continuous period for ILR.

I trust this answers your questions.

Name

Name Surname
| Settlement, Family and Nationality Operational Policy Team |Strategy and Assurance Group |UK Border Agency

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Continuous residence rule.

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 pm

180 days absence per 12 month cycle is allowed.

P.S. Please don't name HO employees on the forum, they do have the right to privacy and have not consented to their names being put on a public forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

virgotash

Re: Continuous residence rule.

Post by virgotash » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:11 am

Thabks CR001. Sorry about name,

virgotash

ILR Approved

Post by virgotash » Thu May 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi,

I like to share my experience today at Glasgow PEO.
I was on Tier 1 General and applied for ILR at Glasgow today with UK and self employed earning. My first application was based on foreign earnings (100%), I got my extension with UK salary income + UK self employed and Foreign income. I declared exact income with HMRC, hence no amendments. And today I went to Glasgow with UK salary income and UK self employed at 2 pm and got decision about 4:35 pm ILR approved only been asked to fill the questionnaire for self employment.

Huge relief. :D

Thanks

martinstroke

Re: ILR Approved

Post by martinstroke » Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello Virgotash,

Congratulations on your approval. I would like to ask you a few questions if you would not mind sharing with me please.

I noticed that in your post, that your first application was based on 100% foreign earnings and also your first extension included some foreign income. Did you declare your foreign earnings during your 1st application as well as during your 1st extension to the HMRC and did you have to pay any taxes on this in the UK. if also you don't mind, was your very first application made while you were in the UK on another visa or that was your very first entry to the UK?

I am in a similar situation where in all my previous applications have been supported by full time salaried employment in the UK as well as some foreign earnings. I have always paid taxes as to the overseas tax authority.

Please what is your take on this and kindly looking forward to your reply.

Thanks very much.
Martins