ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

square189

A new employer

Post by square189 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Hello,

I am currently on a Tier2 visa, and I got an offer from another employer who is also willing to sponsor me. Now what should happen next?

As per my understanding I should start a new Tier2 visa application, and after I get the new visa, my current visa will be cancelled. Hence, I should only submit my resignation to my current employer after getting the new visa (from the new employer). Am I correct? So if the new visa gets rejected for any reason, my current visa won't be impacted, right? And my current employer will not be notified?

Will changing my current employer have any impact on my ILR application which is due in less than a couple of years? Can I change employers/jobs as many times as I can before my ILR application?

Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Best regards

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: A new employer

Post by moonlight55 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm

1. If your new visa application gets rejected, it will not impact your current visa. The employer will not be notified.

2. No impact as long as continuity is maintained. You can apply for ILR once you complete 5 years on T2 (G) visa.

square189

Post by square189 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Thank you.

square189

CoS Application?

Post by square189 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello,

I am in talks with a new employer, and I did confirm by email that I want to work for them. Today they sent my the official offer by email, and I am having second thoughts. I still didn't sign the official employment contract and send it back. And their HR told me that they have applied for my visa sponsorship this week!

If I turn down their offer, do I need to tell them to cancel the CoS application that they have started this week? Will this cause any issue in the future if I get another offer from another employer? Or will it even cause any issues to my current visa? Thank you very much in advance. I do need your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CoS Application?

Post by CR001 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:10 am

square189 wrote:Hello,

I am in talks with a new employer, and I did confirm by email that I want to work for them. Today they sent my the official offer by email, and I am having second thoughts. I still didn't sign the official employment contract and send it back. And their HR told me that they have applied for my visa sponsorship this week!

If I turn down their offer, do I need to tell them to cancel the CoS application that they have started this week? Will this cause any issue in the future if I get another offer from another employer? Or will it even cause any issues to my current visa? Thank you very much in advance. I do need your help.
If you reject the offer, they will cancel what needs to be cancelled. No issue if you find another sponsor in future. No effect on current visa.

Please keep your question about 'another sponsor' in a single topic.

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

square189

Post by square189 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:32 am

Thanks.

I am currently on a Tier2 visa working for my company, and I got a new offer from another employer who is willing to sponsor me as well. It is a contract for three years. The employment contract will finish in february 2019. I have now been on Tier2 for three years with my current employer. Hence, I am eligible to apply for ILR in february 2018.

Now, if I accept this new employment contract (which ends in february 2019), will I be able to apply for ILR in feb2018? One of the requirements on the ILR site, is "your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job".
1) Will I be eligible to apply for ILR in february 2018 if I accepted this contract (which ends in feb2019)?
2) Can I apply for ILR any time between february 2018 and february 2019?
3) What do I need to get from my new employer (in case I accept their offer) for my ILR? Are they expected to pay any fee? or support me with any documents for my ILR application?
4) I have read in this link http://goo.gl/jM1ZnC that a permanent position is better than a fixed term contract for the ILR application. Is this still correct? Thank you.