ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card (EEA2) - Can anyone from BIA help????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pedroramos999
Newly Registered

Residence Card (EEA2) - Can anyone from BIA help????

Post by pedroramos999 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:07 am

I am looking for someone who works for Border and Immigration Agency. If anyone who reads this work for this organization pls email me. I need your urgent help. My application for Residence card has been sitting in your institution since june 2007. In spite of the fact that I had to withdraw my passport and submit it back 2 month later during the process it is now Jan 2008 and still no word from BIA. I called several times but staff seems to be ready to do anything just not to transfer to the case worker even though case worker called me once already, asked me to submit additional documents and call back again it seems to be impossible to get any kind of information about the progress of the application. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:41 am

Expecting a worker for the BIA to be reading these boards with the intention of helping applicants?... better luck believing that aliens troll the web looking for someone to pass their technology on time-travel to!

After the caseworker contacted you for the additional documents.... did you send it by recorded delivery and do you have proof that they have received it? Have you made a written complaint to the Complaints dept of the BIA about the time taken for the consideration of your application?
Jabi

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:33 pm

I called them with regards to my application and they have been always very quick to answer the phone and very clear with their answers so far.

Yo should definitely try contacting Irish immigration :twisted:

i would suggest you give them a call again

also if you have changed the addresses have you notified them etc etc
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 am

They have to respond with a Residence Card or rejection within 6 months of you applying.

You should write them a letter and remind them that they have a legal obligation to process the application completely within 6 months and that you want it completed now please. Send it by special delivery mail and keep a copy.