ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Refusal of Visit Visa

Post by ALKB » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 am

dreamers315 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:As others have already mentioned, it is important to be able to convince the ECO that your auntie will be leaving UK after the sho the short visit. You know (from personal knowledge) that she will leave UK. She knows that from her personal circumstances. But the ECO has only the documents to go by. The ECO wants to see some compelling reasons that she will leave UK. It is this part of the puzzle your auntie has to complete. You as a sponsor has very little influence in the process. Thousands of visitors visit UK every year. And not all of them would have been sponsored by their relatives. But most of them visit for a few weeks. Visa is issued for six months though.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

For maintenance/financial circumstances :
Since i am sponsoring my aunt, do you i think if i show my payslips/bank statements and sponsorship letter then there is no need to show my aunt's bank statements (she is unemployed).

Regarding my aunt going back to India on time : We are planning to show land registration documents on her name and also on my uncle's name. This includes the land/home registered on my uncle;s name in india. Also planning to get a networth certificate from a chartered accountant to prove that she will leave UK on time. Make sense?
An aunt is a bit of a different case than parents. Having an extended family member visit for such a long time sounds unlikely - I certainly wouldn't want any of my aunts in my home for more than a week or two.

You aunt doesn't seem to be unemployed. To me, it looks like she is a housewife/homemaker.

Unemployed = in between jobs/looking for a job (possibly in the UK? There go ECO's alarm bells!)

Housewife = supported by spouse, not looking to change that.

How would an accountant prove that she would leave the UK?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:50 am

ALKB wrote:
dreamers315 wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:As others have already mentioned, it is important to be able to convince the ECO that your auntie will be leaving UK after the sho the short visit. You know (from personal knowledge) that she will leave UK. She knows that from her personal circumstances. But the ECO has only the documents to go by. The ECO wants to see some compelling reasons that she will leave UK. It is this part of the puzzle your auntie has to complete. You as a sponsor has very little influence in the process. Thousands of visitors visit UK every year. And not all of them would have been sponsored by their relatives. But most of them visit for a few weeks. Visa is issued for six months though.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

For maintenance/financial circumstances :
Since i am sponsoring my aunt, do you i think if i show my payslips/bank statements and sponsorship letter then there is no need to show my aunt's bank statements (she is unemployed).

Regarding my aunt going back to India on time : We are planning to show land registration documents on her name and also on my uncle's name. This includes the land/home registered on my uncle;s name in india. Also planning to get a networth certificate from a chartered accountant to prove that she will leave UK on time. Make sense?
An aunt is a bit of a different case than parents. Having an extended family member visit for such a long time sounds unlikely - I certainly wouldn't want any of my aunts in my home for more than a week or two.

You aunt doesn't seem to be unemployed. To me, it looks like she is a housewife/homemaker.

Unemployed = in between jobs/looking for a job (possibly in the UK? There go ECO's alarm bells!)

Housewife = supported by spouse, not looking to change that.

How would an accountant prove that she would leave the UK?
Thanks for your response/comments.

Yes correct she is a homemaker and she never worked before. She was supported by my uncle in India and that's why she never had a bank account and recently she opened one. There were lands registered on her name. The reasons i was thinking to give or we have given to ECO were my aunt will return to India becasue
1) she is leaving her husband in India while coming to UK
2) Now with reapplication thought of showing networth certificate with moveable and immoveable assests on my uncle and aunts name and this will indicate there is no reason for aunt to stay in the UK forever as she has properties/monies back in India. I reckon this indirectly prove that she will go back.
3) All her family members like sisters, brothers are in India.

Since she is not working/homemaker i cant say she will go back to india because she has a job. I dont know the other means of proving this to ECO.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Does your auntie have her children and rest of her family back home? Does your uncle need to be supported by her in the bigger scheme of things? Are their other compelling reasons why she needs to go back? These are the kinds of questions I have asked myself when applying for visas (successfully) for my mother grandmother and auntie at different times. They were all 'housewife' when they applied. My father had passed away at time of my mother's recent two visits. On every application we mentioned a month's visit. And all stayed for just a month (nothing much to do after a few weeks of sightseeing).
I provided my payslips 3 months, one utility bill for proof of address and copies of my BRP (ILR). All were scanned and emailed which they printed and included with their application.
On the other hand, my cousins was refused last year. He was not diligent with his own documents from his business. But subsequently my in laws have got theirs again for the third time in four years, from India and both retired.

Hope these give you some ideas.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:39 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Does your auntie have her children and rest of her family back home? Does your uncle need to be supported by her in the bigger scheme of things? Are their other compelling reasons why she needs to go back? These are the kinds of questions I have asked myself when applying for visas (successfully) for my mother grandmother and auntie at different times. They were all 'housewife' when they applied. My father had passed away at time of my mother's recent two visits. On every application we mentioned a month's visit. And all stayed for just a month (nothing much to do after a few weeks of sightseeing).
I provided my payslips 3 months, one utility bill for proof of address and copies of my BRP (ILR). All were scanned and emailed which they printed and included with their application.
On the other hand, my cousins was refused last year. He was not diligent with his own documents from his business. But subsequently my in laws have got theirs again for the third time in four years, from India and both retired.

Hope these give you some ideas.
Thanks wpilr_nov12 for your thoughts/ideas - much appreciated.

rdrp
Newly Registered

Post by rdrp » Fri May 20, 2016 3:43 pm

[quote="dreamers315"]Hello Experts

One more important clarificaiton

Do we need to use which of the below application forms to apply for Family Visit visa?

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

or

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... visit-visa

Thanks[/quote]

Can anyone confirm what's the link to use for Family Visit Visa?