ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO wants me to fill in section 4 in the form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonStrawberry

HMPO wants me to fill in section 4 in the form

Post by LondonStrawberry » Fri May 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi,

I applied for my first British passport last week and today I received a letter from HMPO that I need to fill in the section4 (parents details). I am naturalised then why I need to fill in the that section of the form? I used PO check and send service they also did not ask me to fill in that section.
Before applying for my first passport I called HMPO to confirm whether I need to fill in section 4 or not they advised that I do not need to fill in that section. and now they sent me the letter that I need to fill in that section.
Can someone please advice? thank you
AS

noajthan

Re: HMPO wants me to fill in section 4 in the form

Post by noajthan » Fri May 20, 2016 3:56 pm

LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi,

I applied for my first British passport last week and today I received a letter from HMPO that I need to fill in the section4 (parents details). I am naturalised then why I need to fill in the that section of the form? I used PO check and send service they also did not ask me to fill in that section.
Before applying for my first passport I called HMPO to confirm whether I need to fill in section 4 or not they advised that I do not need to fill in that section. and now they sent me the letter that I need to fill in that section.
AS
From the passport guidance:
Section 4
You need to fill in this section if:
  • you are applying for your first adult passport
It is grandparents' details that don't matter so much for naturalised applicants.

It's not a biggie. Just supply the information. It will give something to talk about at the passport interview.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 pm

noajthan wrote:
LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi,

AS
From the passport guidance:
Section 4
You need to fill in this section if:
  • you are applying for your first adult passport
It is grandparents' details that don't matter so much for naturalised applicants.

It's not a biggie. Just supply the information. It will give something to talk about at the passport interview.
Thank you for your reply.
I was advised by the HMPO that I do not need to fill in that section because I am naturalised. Same was advised in this forum as well. And other thing is that I do not have my grand parents details at all. :-(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:12 pm

You need to fill in parents details.

You DO NOT need to fill in grandparent details.

This is the same information and advice we give to all members who ask this question.
Same was advised in this forum as well.
You previously asked about grandparent details per the link below and NOT about parents.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1342720
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Fri May 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Just do it as you're asked. Why to make such a big fuss about it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 21, 2016 2:54 am

It's probably to prevent future identity thief?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Sat May 21, 2016 3:29 am

CR001 wrote:You need to fill in parents details.

You DO NOT need to fill in grandparent details.

This is the same information and advice we give to all members who ask this question.
Same was advised in this forum as well.
You previously asked about grandparent details per the link below and NOT about parents.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1342720
thank you for your reply. yes you are right previously I probably asked the wrong question.
So now I only have to fill the section 4 and send it to HMPO as I already have provided them rest of the details in the previous form. or fill the whole form again with section 4 and countersignatory as well?
Cheers