ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Cambridge ESOL Entry 3 valid for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punte
Newly Registered

Is Cambridge ESOL Entry 3 valid for ILR

Post by Punte » Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi,
I used the premium service to apply my wife's ILR today, who is currently on Tier 2 Dependant visa. Her visa was rejected as the case worker did not accept Cambridge ESOL Entry 3 certificate as the valid requirement for English language requirement needed for ILR. In the UKBA website it is mentioned that for ILR you need B1 level English Proficiency which ESOL Entry 3 is. He even declined our request to give us a couple of days to complete the required test from Trinity College and now our fees are also not refunded. His logic was that because we applied for one day service the decision needs to be given in a day based on the submitted document. I think this is not really fair. Is there a way to get my fees refunded? Is ESOL Entry 3 is really not valid?

Abc499

Re: Is Cambridge ESOL Entry 3 valid for ILR

Post by Abc499 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Home office approved
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf

Probably from November 2015 they are not accepting ESOL anymore.