ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contractor - Tax return for current year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suresh505

Contractor - Tax return for current year

Post by suresh505 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:12 am

I'm planning to apply for ILR this month. I've been working as a contractor for the past 1 year (since April-2015). For the year Apr-2015 to March-2016, I have the payslips, dividend vouchers and company accounts statement. Is it mandatory to file the self assessment tax return for the last year when applying for ILR?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Contractor - Tax return for current year

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 19, 2016 9:49 am

suresh505 wrote:I'm planning to apply for ILR this month. I've been working as a contractor for the past 1 year (since April-2015). For the year Apr-2015 to March-2016, I have the payslips, dividend vouchers and company accounts statement. Is it mandatory to file the self assessment tax return for the last year when applying for ILR?
As a director of a limited company it's always mandatory to fill in self-assessment.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

suresh505

Post by suresh505 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:50 am

Wanderer, thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree that it is mandatory to file the self assessment. The deadline for filing the self assessment is Jan 31, 2017. So, I'm confused whether we should file it before while applying for ILR.

Any experiences of those who were in similar situation is highly appreciated.

cruis

Post by cruis » Sat May 21, 2016 1:06 pm

suresh505 wrote:Wanderer, thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree that it is mandatory to file the self assessment. The deadline for filing the self assessment is Jan 31, 2017. So, I'm confused whether we should file it before while applying for ILR.

Any experiences of those who were in similar situation is highly appreciated.
It's better to file before you go to visa, just an assurance for case worker that all taxes paid