ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daphneBUENVIAJE
Newly Registered

visit visa extension

Post by daphneBUENVIAJE » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:01 pm

hi. a am currently in the uk as a visitor. my mom is critically ill so we would like to apply for an extension (indefinite leave to remain if possible) while i am here in the uk. what do you think are the chances?

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:16 pm

getting an Indefinte Leave to Remain because your mother is ill however critical as she may be is quite close to impossible. You could however try for an extension with sufficient proof of her health records to show that you have to be around her. Does she have anyone else to care of her and how old is she?
Jabi

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm

chances of you getting an indefinite leave to remain from Visit visa are close to impossible.

I would advise exiting the country well before your visa expires and then apply another visit visa so that you can enter the country legally again.

whats the residence status of your mum in UK ?

and also whats your nationality ?

just so if anyone has any info may be they can help.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

daphneBUENVIAJE
Newly Registered

pleease enlighten me..

Post by daphneBUENVIAJE » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:43 pm

thank you so much for that maam/sir.
it is a real shame i haven't found this site before making the application(we have already submitted an applicaton for ilr.)please what do you think could happen to that?will they give me an extension for that instead? if so, how long could the extension be?
my mother is a british citizen, i am a filipina, no she has nobody and she is 41.
thank you very much!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 pm

have a look here

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/ilr/application_form.htm

This might make it clear for you
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

vinny

pleease enlighten me..

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

daphneBUENVIAJE
Newly Registered

thanx!

Post by daphneBUENVIAJE » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:59 pm

:)

thanx again for your help..
gOdbless..