ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual Leave Letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_MN1

Annual Leave Letter for ILR

Post by ILR_MN1 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi,

My previous employer has given me the annual leave letter and he explained

“…….. booked his travel to Pakistan during his employment from his annual leave for the year ending 31 December 2016. Whilst on leave in Pakistan ………. gave his notice of resignation meaning leave had been taken in excess of his annual allowance pro rata. Consequently the additional leave taken was deducted pro rata from …… salary.”

Can you please let me know if this letter will cause any problem for my application. Please do let me know if it is right to add this wording letter in my email.

Thanks,

naazz

Re: Annual Leave Letter for ILR

Post by naazz » Fri May 20, 2016 7:31 pm

i dont think it will make any difference as Homeoffice needs the date you exited and entered back in the UK and count your days so why do you need a letter from your employer for that purpose?

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 am

Hello,

You haven't said under which category you are applying for ILR.
The requirements are that :
- You are not absent from the UK for more than 180 day in a 12 month period
-Any absences are explained

Hence if you are in Tier 2 for example, the letter from your employer would provide evidence that any absences were connected to the work ( i.e. A/L , work travel). To y mind this makes sense-the reason for your residence in the UK being the work, you have not broken the connection to that.
Not sure if you changed employers while outside the country, how that works. I know within the country, there is some leeway.
You will need to give more information, for someone to be able to help you.

ILR_MN1

Post by ILR_MN1 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks for your response guys.

I'm applying under Tier 1 general rule and my total holidays in 5 years a are 120.

kautya

Post by kautya » Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 pm

ILR_MN1 wrote:Thanks for your response guys.

I'm applying under Tier 1 general rule and my total holidays in 5 years a are 120.
How many days were you on leave for which you are providing the letter ? If its less than 25-30 days (usual annual leave allocated), then you dont need a letter from employer.