ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General ILR Refusal 322(5)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nhrr
Newly Registered

Tier1 General ILR Refusal 322(5)

Post by nhrr » Sun May 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi,

I got refused for ILR through tier 1 general 5 years completion (PEO Solihull 17/05/2016). Reason is section 322(5) non mandatory refusal

I declared income to UKVI for year 2012/2013 but declared "0" to HMRC. This is a pure error through wrong guidance and my lack of knowledge. All my tax returns have been done by myself and not through accountants. My 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 were done, declared and taxes paid. Since then I have been on PAYE. I have requested HMRC to send me all returns from 2011 to date in order to review and make sure all correct. I am confident, only 2012/2013 is incorrect.

What I have done now is resubmitted my tax return for 2012/2013, paid the taxes on-line, and re-applied before my current leave to remain expire (on the day it expired) through a solicitor with copies of amendment and payment confirmation etc.

Now waiting for HMRC to send my tax bill so that I can allocate the on account payments and get their system updated in order to send the correct / up to date documents with a statement of truth to UKVI as additional document to my latest postal application.

I'm sure there's quite a lot of possibilities for this to be rejected as well. Is there anything I could do to prove UKVIs' 322(5) reasons are purely due to incorrect guidance and my lack of knowledge and not intentional.

I could ask my company to sponsor me, but surely UKVI will pull my refused application out and refuse this as well. In my view, I have to prove that their refusal reason is because of my lack of knowledge and wrong guidance and not intentional, these are now corrected and confirmed with a statement of truth.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

cruis

Re: Tier1 General ILR Refusal (Urgent)

Post by cruis » Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

nhrr wrote:Hi,

I got refused for ILR through tier 1 general 5 years completion (PEO Solihull 17/05/2016). Reason is section 322(5) non mandatory refusal

I declared income to UKVI for year 2012/2013 but declared "0" to HMRC. This is a pure error through wrong guidance and my lack of knowledge. All my tax returns have been done by myself and not through accountants. My 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 were done, declared and taxes paid. Since then I have been on PAYE. I have requested HMRC to send me all returns from 2011 to date in order to review and make sure all correct. I am confident, only 2012/2013 is incorrect.

What I have done now is resubmitted my tax return for 2012/2013, paid the taxes on-line, and re-applied before my current leave to remain expire (on the day it expired) through a solicitor with copies of amendment and payment confirmation etc.

Now waiting for HMRC to send my tax bill so that I can allocate the on account payments and get their system updated in order to send the correct / up to date documents with a statement of truth to UKVI as additional document to my latest postal application.

I'm sure there's quite a lot of possibilities for this to be rejected as well. Is there anything I could do to prove UKVIs' 322(5) reasons are purely due to incorrect guidance and my lack of knowledge and not intentional.

I could ask my company to sponsor me, but surely UKVI will pull my refused application out and refuse this as well. In my view, I have to prove that their refusal reason is because of my lack of knowledge and wrong guidance and not intentional, these are now corrected and confirmed with a statement of truth.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Hi, sorry to hear the news. I think your refusal 322(5) is for Ilr only and if you apply under tier 2 employer sponsored visa , it should be ok. Because the guidelines for tier 2 are different . I may be wrong but check with few experts. I only attained this information from a immigration solicitor.

And by the way could you please give information about what documents you have put in your PEO application and were you given a questionnaire .

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 General ILR Refusal (Urgent)

Post by Casa » Sun May 22, 2016 3:01 pm

A 322(5) refusal for deception under one category of visa will be also relevant to a Tier 2 application. The deception doesn't miraculously disappear. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 General ILR Refusal 322(5)

Post by dharma2016 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:56 am

hi i have same situation same error happen with my tax return . please any update let me know same as i have any clue i will be share here.