ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) - all previous passports?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxflip50

ILR (LR) - all previous passports?

Post by maxflip50 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

This is about IRL – Long Resident

As per ILR application requirements for documents submitted, you should submit all previous passports hold during qualifying period.

You should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that you have used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom.
(ILR Application (LR) v03/2106, page 9)

All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s) granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for which you are unable to provide a passport.
(ILR Application (LR) v03/2106, page 24)

And, I cannot provide any of the listed documents.

However, I hold copies of previous passports but it is not certified though.

Please advise what should I do in this matter?

Many thanks,

maxflip50

Re: ILR (LR) - all previous passports?

Post by maxflip50 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Also, I have received the same copies from SAR.

If I say in cover letter that I returned my all previous passports to my home country passport office, and therefore I cannot include neither previous passports nor any document from "listed documents", and include only passport copies (not certified). Will UKVI refuse my application?

noajthan

Re: ILR (LR) - all previous passports?

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:38 am

maxflip50 wrote:Also, I have received the same copies from SAR.

If I say in cover letter that I returned my all previous passports to my home country passport office, and therefore I cannot include neither previous passports nor any document from "listed documents", and include only passport copies (not certified). Will UKVI refuse my application?

Its up to the applicant to submit adequate evidence to support her/his case.
The caseworker will decide based on documentation submitted. She won't fill in the gaps for you.

Where are these passports?
You may be refused if you make incorrect or misleading or false statements on your application.

In another post you claim "father got ILR" so do you have ILR or not :?:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1355519
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.