ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application agents in india

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

British Passport application agents in india

Post by david1955 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 am

Hi everyone,

My wife is pregnant and we are planning for the baby delivery in india. I am a british national and currently my wife naturalisation application is with home office. So hopefully she will be british national by the time baby is born.

So i believe by the virtue of british parents our child will be a british national as well even if he/she is born in india.

Do anybody of you knows any agents in india who can assist us in making british passport application for our child once he/she is born?

I would prefer agents either in ahmedabad area or pune area. I have been looking around but everywhere i find visa agents, couldn't find anyone helping with British passport application.

Your response will be highly appreciated

vinny

Re: British Passport application agents in india

Post by vinny » Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 am

david1955 wrote:I have been looking around but everywhere i find visa agents, couldn't find anyone helping with British passport application.
That is probably because there is usually no need for them. It's just a matter of filling the application, taking suitable photographs, getting a counter signature, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:23 am

vinny wrote:
david1955 wrote:I have been looking around but everywhere i find visa agents, couldn't find anyone helping with British passport application.
That is probably because there is usually no need for them. It's just a matter of filling the application, taking suitable photographs, getting a counter signature, etc.
Hi vinny,

Thanks for your reply. For the counter signature, can i get someone residing in uk to sign the application and then submit in india. Or do i need the counter signature residing in india

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am

I think that it may also need to be someone who has actually met the child; so as to confirm that the photo and the child are the same person.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:35 am

vinny wrote:I think that it may also need to be someone who has actually met the child; so as to confirm that the photo and the child are the same person.

Thanks for your reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 am

Also, bear in mind that the passport application is processed in the UK and you could wait 6-12 months if applying for it from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 am

CR001 wrote:Also, bear in mind that the passport application is processed in the UK and you could wait 6-12 months if applying for it from abroad.

Thanks CR001,

I understand that. But since we don't have any relatives here we are worried about delivery here. I would have preferred delivering here but scared that's why choosing to go back

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am

I can't understand this reasoning, UK is a first world country with a good support system for mums.

Why can she not have the baby here, apply for the one week fast track passport for baby, get the relevant bits for India and then travel to be with her family.

What if her BC is not decided by the time she has to fly? What about her ceremony etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:I can't understand this reasoning, UK is a first world country with a good support system for mums.

Why can she not have the baby here, apply for the one week fast track passport for baby, get the relevant bits for India and then travel to be with her family.

What if her BC is not decided by the time she has to fly? What about her ceremony etc?
i completely agree with your point. Its just its our first baby and we are scared since we don't have any relative here who can help us

I am hoping her British citizenship will be sorted by then as her due date will be in January. But if it doesn't sorts out and i am not sure as i haven't thought about it.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon May 30, 2016 10:59 am

Hi David,

We were in the similar situation 5 years ago. I would suggest that you call her parents on visitor visa. Have your baby here. I dont need to talk about the medical facilities here in UK . The chances of normal delivery is more here than in India. As CR001 said you can go to India as a family as soon as the mother is ready. This will put off the long waiting and paper work. You are the best person to deceide. All the very Best to you.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===