ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT LONG TERM to T2 General (How?)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmY_Query_T2_ICT
Newly Registered
India

T2 ICT LONG TERM to T2 General (How?)

Post by AmY_Query_T2_ICT » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am on

TIER 2 (ICT) ESTABLISHED STAFF: FROM : 16 APR 2010 (3 Years)
1st Extension : T2 ICT LONG TERM LEAVE TO REMAIN VALID UNITIL : 20 APR 2015 (2 Years)
2nd Extension : T2 ICT LONG TERM LEAVE TO REMAIN VALID UNITIL : 13 MAR 2018 (3 Years)

So I am asking for help from everyone as I don’t have any idea on how to get T2 General so I can be independent & can work for any company permanently ?

Is there any way to get T2 General ?
If yes how to get list or contact details of IT companies in UK so I can reach them for myself?

Is there any consultants or agency who provide T2 General and also provide client for which I can work ?

I missed my ILR opportunity from 10 Days as I got TIER 2 (ICT) ESTABLISHED STAFF: FROM : 16 APR 2010

Is there any "LAW" so you can join client directly as I am working for same client for 6 years ?

Please so I can free from Slavery!!!

Thanks and Good wishes in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 ICT LONG TERM to T2 General (How?)

Post by CR001 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Tier 2 General DOES NOT allow you to work independently. You can still ONLY work for your sponsor. You must be thinking of Tier 1 General which allowed working independently, which is a closed category now and no longer available.

On what date did you apply for your original Tier 2 ICT?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmY_Query_T2_ICT
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmY_Query_T2_ICT » Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 am

Hi CR,

Thanks a lot reply;

1. Tier 2 General DOES NOT allow you to work independently.
I am looking for any options from where I can leave my current Indian company. I adont have any list or name of IT company/ Agency who can provide me T2 Gen.

2. You can still ONLY work for your sponsor.
I am looking for any option where I can leave my current employer & I am ready to work under any other company/agency but I dont have any clue where & whom to approach.

3. On what date did you apply for your original Tier 2 ICT?
I dont know what date I applied originally for the first time but my visa says TIER 2 (ICT) ESTABLISHED STAFF: FROM : 16 APR 2010 (3 Years)

Someone suggested to raise "The date of application has everything to do with it. So find that out from your / your employer records ! Or make subject access request and see if UKV&I has that information."
but I was unable to understand there 30 pages documents (is there any solicitor to whom I can show or ask for help)?

Thanks Again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:37 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmY_Query_T2_ICT
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmY_Query_T2_ICT » Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Char,

Apologies in advance for asking dumb question. I have see those URL whcih have 1900 pages & more then 10000 companies listed.

I am struggling to get a list of few IT companies ,consultants or agency with whom I can speak of any opportunities.

Thanks Once Again :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Have you tried the search function in Adobe?? :shock:

You cannot be sponsored by an agency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 pm

AmY_Query_T2_ICT wrote: Or make subject access request and see if UKV&I has that information."but I was unable to understand there 30 pages documents (is there any solicitor to whom I can show or ask for help)?
the Subject Access Request form is only 5 pages and quite straightforward to complete:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration