ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal challenge of £35k settlement policy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zsultancj
Newly Registered

Legal challenge of £35k settlement policy

Post by zsultancj » Mon May 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Joshua Harbord, a UK national, is seeking to legally challenge the policy as, in his words, 'It will mean that my friends, and people who contribute enormously to the UK economy, will be forced to leave.'

Josh started a parliamentary petition that was signed by over 100 000 people, the petition was debated in parliament but he's now taking legal action and there are some heavyweight lawyers involved.

He's crowdfunding for the legal fees here: www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/stop35k/

I understand that the success of this success will have a direct impact on all under Tier 2 visa, so please pledge and share, and know that you can make a difference and take action.

dialectic

Re: Legal challenge of £35k settlement policy

Post by dialectic » Tue May 24, 2016 8:48 am

I have been aware of this for a while. I think it would be a good idea (and important) to keep this thread active and on the top of the forum.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Legal challenge of £35k settlement policy

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

dialectic wrote:I have been aware of this for a while. I think it would be a good idea (and important) to keep this thread active and on the top of the forum.
I disagree. This forum is about impartial advice and shouldn't become a rallying point or be seen to have bias.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....