ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalistion Refused due to illegal stay- Letter to Assist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imai
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalistion Refused- Please Help

Post by imai » Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi guys

Iam due to apply for naturalisation just finding out about the good character issue came from zimbabwe in 2001 was given 6months,claimed asylum in 2008 was granted in 2008 meaning i stayed without documents for 7years does it affect my good character when naturalisation

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Yes it does. You need to count 10 years from the start of your asylum period before you could apply.

Please click here to read more.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

imai
Newly Registered

Post by imai » Fri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Fwd079 thanks for the info,what about my daughter who was born here in 2003 to a British father can she register as a British citizen

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 23, 2015 12:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Sat May 23, 2015 1:00 am

I'm confused... didn't they add a note to the law that refugees were except from this????

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:32 pm

mavdi wrote:I'm confused... didn't they add a note to the law that refugees were except from this????
Law changes. Please click here to read more.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

daud28
Newly Registered

Post by daud28 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:50 pm

hi amber

its my first time i take part of this conversation .i have the same issue as everyone before me . today i went for a citizenship application trough checking .they informed me after they had a conversation with the HO that my time to apply will be in 2019 due to an illegal entry in uk
but that time i was 17 year old i have been took to a social service who took me to the home office .ive applied the asylum in feb 2009 and garanted refuge convention geneva at march 2009 . i turned 18 at august 2009 .
now i completed all the process 5 + 1 year indefinite leave to remain . the service who made the check before sending advice me it a risk and i can loose my fees .they send me back to seek advice .i found your application to send when u get refused .
i haven't send anything yet .ive got all my document
wat can it be my next step

cheers

crocop007
Newly Registered

Post by crocop007 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 pm

daud28 wrote:hi amber

its my first time i take part of this conversation .i have the same issue as everyone before me . today i went for a citizenship application trough checking .they informed me after they had a conversation with the HO that my time to apply will be in 2019 due to an illegal entry in uk
but that time i was 17 year old i have been took to a social service who took me to the home office .ive applied the asylum in feb 2009 and garanted refuge convention geneva at march 2009 . i turned 18 at august 2009 .
now i completed all the process 5 + 1 year indefinite leave to remain . the service who made the check before sending advice me it a risk and i can loose my fees .they send me back to seek advice .i found your application to send when u get refused .
i haven't send anything yet .ive got all my document
wat can it be my next step

cheers

hi. my case is almost same as yours and i was told to apply after november 2017 :shock: :shock: but i have applied in may, i took a risk applying for 2 adult 3 kids if i get refuse it will be for 2 adult :cry:

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:15 pm

daud28 wrote: wat can it be my next step?

cheers

Wait until 2019. They've given you the correct advice. I am not aware of any age exception with regards to this character requirement.

daud28
Newly Registered

Post by daud28 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks for your reply

But if I aad this amber form would it change samething or I'm gona loose my fees. Cos as he mentioned amber if u was teeneger at te time u came here for the intention of home office it may change samething

sitamaman
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalistion Refused due to illegal stay- Letter to mule

Post by sitamaman » Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 am

thanks to the senior admins of this web-site especially Amber for keeping in touch with me via inbox i got my approval last Friday 20th may(dated 12th may)!!! :) Having waited for a year since applying for my naturalisation in October 2014, i was at first unfortunately refused. undeterred i sent the letter Amber created for me and it worked - success!!!!!!

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Mon May 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Congratulation for your approval sitamaman

Credit gos to Amber as well. I just read your draft, awesome.
Wish i notice that before i send my reconsideration.
Me and my lawyer miss lots of point which really strong, and case worker cant avoid.

sitamaman
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalistion Refused due to illegal stay- Letter to mul

Post by sitamaman » Mon May 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Rassel wrote:Congratulation for your approval sitamaman

Credit gos to Amber as well. I just read your draft, awesome.
Wish i notice that before i send my reconsideration.
Me and my lawyer miss lots of point which really strong, and case worker cant avoid.

thanks rassel :D keep faith your time will come

john.daddy333
Newly Registered

Post by john.daddy333 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Amber, two things

Firstly, the letter is excellent!

Secondly, they can be reasoned with.

Zeddag
Newly Registered

Post by Zeddag » Wed May 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello, I Leo entered the United Kingdom November in 2003. On 30/09/05 my leave to remain expired. In 2006 I was sent back to my country by Immigration officers. Got married to a British Citizen in 2006. From that date until 01/08/10 when I was granted spouse visa (settlement visa) I was in my country so came back on 10/08/10 with my visa under the old rules. I therefore qualified for Indefinite Leave to Remain 2 years later; September 2012. I received my indefinite Leave to Remain approval in January 2013.

In January 17 I made an application to the Home Office to naturalise to become a British citizen. My application was refused with a clear explanation that I had not met the good character guidance, because I stayed In the U.K from 2010 To 2012 and worked in the U.K without a valid leave to remain namely paragraph 9.7c. The Home Office advised me that my application is open to re-apply but an application made before 01/01/23 is unlikely to succeed; 10 years after the date I was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain. They they requested documents to prove how I stayed and maintained my self I wrote to them that I was sent back in 2006 and came back in 2010 (attached a copy of my spouse visa) with staps from the airport to prove the entry dates and sent in all my payslips and my house contract to show I was working qnd paying my rent from 2010 till 2017. Please help. What can I do??

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 10, 2017 10:18 pm

I think the ten years should have started from when you left the UK in 2006. When you returned on a spouse visa, on 10/08/10, you were legally in the UK. Ask for a reconsideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zeddag
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalistion Refused due to illegal stay- Letter to mul

Post by Zeddag » Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm

vinny wrote:I think the ten years should have started from when you left the UK in 2006. When you returned on a spouse visa, on 10/08/10, you were legally in the UK. Ask for a reconsideration.
Thank you Vinny, I have already asked for a reconsideration on the same day I received the refusal which was on 4th may 2017 but the money still not taken from my account. One more question if successful do I get my refund back and how long does it take to reconsider a application. Many Thanks for you reply.