ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deb_123
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR

Post by deb_123 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi All

I got my Visa in July'11 and entered UK in Nov'11. (Gap of 100 days approximately).

Can I apply for ILR in July'16? Gov.Uk website seems to indicate that this gap can be counted towards 180 days of permissible absence. Could someone please confirm.

Many thanks!
Deb

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Eligibility for ILR

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 23, 2016 6:22 pm

deb_123 wrote:Hi All

I got my Visa in July'11 and entered UK in Nov'11. (Gap of 100 days approximately).

Can I apply for ILR in July'16? Gov.Uk website seems to indicate that this gap can be counted towards 180 days of permissible absence. Could someone please confirm.

Many thanks!
Deb
Which visa are you on?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

deb_123
Newly Registered

Post by deb_123 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Tier 2 General

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm

See Page 18 of the Caseworker Guidance ILR Continuous Residence (click)
Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the relevant 12 month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.

If the delay is more than 180 days, you can only include time after the applicant entered the UK in the continuous period calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.