ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm back after long silence, FLR (old scheme) 1+3 ext.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ajay Kumar Singh

I'm back after long silence, FLR (old scheme) 1+3 ext.

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Mates,
I'm back :) after long silence.

Kayalami, Chess, and John (where are others ?), glad to see you guys still here, and I'm kicked out from moderators exclusive group (Fair enough not complaining :twisted: )

To cut long story short, i've to go thru another extension. My current FLR (HSMP) expires on 1st April 08, and totally I would complete 3.6 yrs.

First it was rumor that even for extension we need to go thru point system which is now realty and I'm caught by it.

I though some one will challenge it and by the time my turn comes up this would be history, but sadly it remains intact.

Any way I'll challenge if get refusal but not before that :)

Here is my situation I got plenty of points to not to have sleepless nights but few things are giving me some concern

============
I don't have any certificate from degree issuing authority to prove that the language of instruction was in English.

And I'm not going back home to collect it either and there is no other way I can get it.

I've transcripts though,not sure if they can be sufficient? (As it is part of form also)

How do I overcome it?
===========

There are few other stuff which I'll open in new thread after warming up :)

sunny9675
BANNED

English

Post by sunny9675 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Nice to see u after a long time

i am in same boat but with pts

u just sit for IELTS it will cost u less than 90 % to go home and get hassels and still confusion

even if u have old IELTS that will fine

U need average 6 in general catogery and i am sure u will get it with 15-20 days work study

only problem is writng a letter 150 word and essay 250 words u can practice it 20 days i am sure u will fine

regards

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks for reply.

You must be kidding, I'm not going to take IELTS at any cost.
This would be a complete joke, madness and blah blah..

I just started looking into FLR today and still have to scratch my brain for the way out of it.

Problem is I got no time even to look at the form let alone preparing IELTS.

I'm still looking for anyone who has got a workaround for it, there must be a way....

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:30 pm

If you apply for FLR after tier 1 of the PBS is implemented (see the Statement of Intent), your third option may be to do nothing, provided you come from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, or the USA. (footnote 6, p 11)
AG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:45 pm

gordon wrote:If you apply for FLR after tier 1 of the PBS is implemented (see the Statement of Intent), your third option may be to do nothing, provided you come from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, or the USA. (footnote 6, p 11)
AG
Well they could have offered that before the new tier system as well as for ILR and citizenship as it only makes sense to exempt those countries from the English Language Competency requirement.

starman
Newly Registered

Post by starman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 pm

just take the ielts test, i know it seems a joke but that's how we work. i've worked for home office for 4 years and after 3 i realised it was easier just to jump through the hoops that you're offered, there's no extra points for finding an alternative route!