ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mard2530

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by mard2530 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 am

Good monring,

I just got my husband´s passport and a lleter saying that they have to keep mine because I dont have the infinite leave to remain in UK. I dont know why they have to keep the passport if the residence card is just something to confirm my husband is a quialified person.

Any ideas, I have the feeling they could refuse my application :(

Regards,
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:10 pm

mard2530 wrote:Good monring,

I just got my husband´s passport and a lleter saying that they have to keep mine because I dont have the infinite leave to remain in UK. I dont know why they have to keep the passport if the residence card is just something to confirm my husband is a quialified person.

Any ideas, I have the feeling they could refuse my application :(

Regards,
I dont think they may refuse your application. If you are a visa national and do not have a valid visa, they simply dont send your passport back. Do you have COA with/wo right to work?

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Sat May 21, 2016 4:02 pm

hsn86 wrote:
minhabolacha wrote:
Hi,

I see that I am not alone. I applied on 19th April. I did not receive anything since then. Last week I requested my passport back, it was an emergency, my very close friend died. I indicated it in the request, I told that please contact me/send my passport as soon as possible, because it is an EMERGENCY. I called them 4-5 times, but all same answers: "There is no emergency procedure, you can not do anything than waiting".

Besides, today I had a very good job offer. I dont know how can I prove my right with EEA FP until I receive COA and I dont know when will I receive it. According to EU law, I should receive it "IMMEDIATLY", but I even did not receive biometrics letter.

I will make them an advise. A person who wants to apply for BRP should go to post office and give their biometrics before application. Then put the biometrics received paper into the application. Also passports can be copied in the post office (because post offices can certificate copies as originals) and send to HO directly from post office.

Additionally, COA can be sent online. Because employer needs to get positive verification from HO, therefore no need it should be original or just a print out.

I hope everybody gets their document as soon as possible.

Hi!
I am in exactly the same situation. I applied on the 18th of April and haven't received anything from Home Office. I paid with the postal order so there is no way of knowing whether they even took my payment. I was expecting to get a biometric invitation letter in 1-2 weeks but it is the end of May and NOTHING is in my post mail. I assume that they are overloaded with the applications from the EU before the referendum which have priority over Non EU applicants.
Please, share any updates on your application!

nicachen
Newly Registered

Post by nicachen » Sat May 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi,

I've had a few applications with HO from student to unmarried partnership visa with my partner. I never felt HO so unorganised as it is been now. I understand the amount of applications has risen considerably with EU Referendum close, but some how this should be better managed.

I have a friend that sent his docs together with his girlfriend 5 days before me, within a month he had biometrics and CoA received. I had to email requesting my biometric letter since they had acknowledged/charged our applications Permanent RC and Certificateof Residence on 5th April.

After emailing them, as i read a case where the person never received the biometrics letter, and then they sent second copy, clearly the first was lost in the post., you receive an automated email saying the email will not be replied and will be deleted. - i emailed on the 9th may, and on the 12th may i received the biometrics letter, dated 27th may - detail the email received with the EEA applicant for the CR was received kn the 28th may.
Biometrics were enrolled on the 13th may and i havent received my CoA that i very much need !!!! I did however receive an email on the 15.5 from HO saying they received my biometrics enrollment! A very nice one!

Let's hope it will get sorted soon for all of us!

So if it helps, although I've been trying to work some math comparing with other applicants on this forum, but it doesn't make sense unfortunately.... but hey.... it is almost june and 6 months fly.... or at least thT is what i hope

My timeline
App sent: 30.03.16
App received: 31.03.16
Fees charged: 05.04.16
Email to EEA QP: 28.05.16
email requesting biometrics letter: 9th May
Biometrics letter: received 12th may, dated 27th May
Biometrics enrolled : 13th May
CoA: awaiting anxiously
Permanent RC and Partners certificate: ???

Good luck everyone, soon this will all be over and hopefully we can laugh about the wait!

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:02 pm

I don't believe that EU referendum caused such backlog in the HO. Biometric enrollment is necessary for everybody and it is not a big deal to send just an automated letter. As i told on my previous message, they can even make it automated and send COA by e-mail. They don't need to check so many thing for COA and biometrics. Our application is also EEA application and should have same priority as PR applications.

I also checked previous years timelines. I saw people who got their RC just after 5 weeks (I guess in 2014 april).

There is no time limit for COA in the EU law, however it just says "immediately". I think that is the problem...

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Sat May 21, 2016 6:13 pm

nicachen wrote:Hi,

I've had a few applications with HO from student to unmarried partnership visa with my partner. I never felt HO so unorganised as it is been now. I understand the amount of applications has risen considerably with EU Referendum close, but some how this should be better managed.

I have a friend that sent his docs together with his girlfriend 5 days before me, within a month he had biometrics and CoA received. I had to email requesting my biometric letter since they had acknowledged/charged our applications Permanent RC and Certificateof Residence on 5th April.

After emailing them, as i read a case where the person never received the biometrics letter, and then they sent second copy, clearly the first was lost in the post., you receive an automated email saying the email will not be replied and will be deleted. - i emailed on the 9th may, and on the 12th may i received the biometrics letter, dated 27th may - detail the email received with the EEA applicant for the CR was received kn the 28th may.
Biometrics were enrolled on the 13th may and i havent received my CoA that i very much need !!!! I did however receive an email on the 15.5 from HO saying they received my biometrics enrollment! A very nice one!

Let's hope it will get sorted soon for all of us!

So if it helps, although I've been trying to work some math comparing with other applicants on this forum, but it doesn't make sense unfortunately.... but hey.... it is almost june and 6 months fly.... or at least thT is what i hope

My timeline
App sent: 30.03.16
App received: 31.03.16
Fees charged: 05.04.16
Email to EEA QP: 28.05.16
email requesting biometrics letter: 9th May
Biometrics letter: received 12th may, dated 27th May
Biometrics enrolled : 13th May
CoA: awaiting anxiously
Permanent RC and Partners certificate: ???

Good luck everyone, soon this will all be over and hopefully we can laugh about the wait!
Hi nicachen,

Which email did you use to ask for your biometric letter? I emailed eurobiometrics team but no reply or letter after a week of waiting. I don't know where to write or which number to call?

Thank you

seitaj
Newly Registered

Post by seitaj » Sat May 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi Everyone, I didnt get any response on this one and I am posting it again. Please let me know if someone knows something on this case.
Hi Everyone,

I applied for an EEA (FM) in January and got my Certificate of application with the right to work. Its been 2 weeks now that I got a job. Should I update my details with the Home Office and let them know about it ? Does it make any difference if I update or not? And finally if I have to update how should I do that? Thank you in advance.

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:37 pm

seitaj wrote:Hi Everyone, I didnt get any response on this one and I am posting it again. Please let me know if someone knows something on this case.
Hi Everyone,

I applied for an EEA (FM) in January and got my Certificate of application with the right to work. Its been 2 weeks now that I got a job. Should I update my details with the Home Office and let them know about it ? Does it make any difference if I update or not? And finally if I have to update how should I do that? Thank you in advance.
Hi Seitaj,

If you are the non-eea national, then i think you don't need to inform HO about that. As I remember, there is not a section about your job in EEA FM application form.

Besides, If you start a work with COA, your employer needs to get positive verification from HO about your application, therefore HO will be informed about it.

mongle
Newly Registered

Post by mongle » Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 am

Abs566 wrote:RC received on 24/3/16 dated 21/3/16
I am so happy :P
thanks every one for there help and support.
I am happy to help anyone who is going through this process. Please IM me.
thanks
@Abs566 - Good to see that you finally got the UK RC. congrats!
I am not able to IM. Did you travel to UK using the Irish RC? or is it a requirement to apply for UK FP?

seitaj
Newly Registered

Post by seitaj » Sun May 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi hsn86,

What about this one stated in the application form?

"I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office."
hsn86 wrote:
seitaj wrote:Hi Everyone, I didnt get any response on this one and I am posting it again. Please let me know if someone knows something on this case.
Hi Everyone,

Hi Seitaj,

If you are the non-eea national, then i think you don't need to inform HO about that. As I remember, there is not a section about your job in EEA FM application form.

Besides, If you start a work with COA, your employer needs to get positive verification from HO about your application, therefore HO will be informed about it.

dutchman16
Newly Registered

Post by dutchman16 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi everyone I got to find out about this forum from a friend how helpful it can be .please I strongly need advise Iam an EEA member( German) I relocated to the UK 2015 October leaving my pregnant girlfriend (non eea) back in german I had to go back so I can support her since January.What is the easiest way to bring her and my son (he is got his German. Passport already) over to the uk.please any advise will be appreciated

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I think they mention about the changes which affects your application, such as EU national work, address etc. which you have stated in your application form. I think your employing status does not change anything about application, you don't tell it in your application form, so I think it is not necessary to inform HO about the change of non-EU employment status because they even dont know your current status. I hope I will get a job soon after I get my COA and I will not inform HO about it. These are my ideas.

If you are still unsure and want to be %100 sure, just call EU applications helpline. They can give you the exact answer. And please share your results if you call them.

Enquiries from European citizens
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

seitaj wrote:Hi hsn86,

What about this one stated in the application form?

"I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office."

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 am

Hi hsn86,

I read that if we don't send the original passport, it's easy for them to refuse, so I sent mine. For biometrics thing. I thought we need to bring the barcode in the letter to the post office? Anyway, I submitted since 11/04 and my payment still not deduct yet. Not to mention any letters...

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Mon May 23, 2016 11:58 am

dutchman16 wrote:Hi everyone I got to find out about this forum from a friend how helpful it can be .please I strongly need advise Iam an EEA member( German) I relocated to the UK 2015 October leaving my pregnant girlfriend (non eea) back in german I had to go back so I can support her since January.What is the easiest way to bring her and my son (he is got his German. Passport already) over to the uk.please any advise will be appreciated
For your question, start with EEA family permit visa for your wife and son. https://www.gov.uk/family-permit
It's usually easy if you have a job here.

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:27 pm

minhabolacha wrote:Hi hsn86,

I read that if we don't send the original passport, it's easy for them to refuse, so I sent mine. For biometrics thing. I thought we need to bring the barcode in the letter to the post office? Anyway, I submitted since 11/04 and my payment still not deduct yet. Not to mention any letters...
Hi,

Of course you should send original valid passport, not the copies. And currently you need to receive biometrics letter to enroll biometrics. I think you misunderstood my post. It was an advise to HO how they should change the EEA2 procedure.

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Mon May 23, 2016 2:03 pm

hsn86, sorry, my bad. Yes, there' re millions of things they could do with only a little effort to make everyone's life easier but then they just don't care.

BritishAccent
Newly Registered

Post by BritishAccent » Mon May 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello guys,

I am a non-EEA, married to an EEA national for 7 years, I came to the UK with a family permit.

I am planning to apply for RC soon (and together with my application my husband also will send his -for a Certificate of Registration) and I wonder, except for mine and my EEA husband passports, do I have to submit my original permanent residence permit that I received in my husband's country?
I saw the requirement that documents have to be originals but as I understand it concerns only non-EEA passport and an EEA national's passport or an ID.
I would like to have at least the permit with me and provide HO with its certified copy as I do not feel comfortable to stay with absolutely no documents, I may need to prove my identity or it can be lost somewhere in a postal mail.
Would they refuse me if I don't provide them with the original EU permanent residence permit (it is not an Article's 10 card)

Also on gov.uk I read that they want to see some proof that we have lived together during our marriage. When I applied for a family permit I submitted all such proof, do I have to do it all over again for a RC?
If so, that would be more than 1 kg of documents together with their application forms for a Certificate of Registration and RC.
I hoped that if an ECO who issued a family permit already established that it is a genuine marriage, then HO at least does not require all of the same proof I sent before...

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just so frustrated and I have only you guys that likely best understand me. I applied EEA(FM) with my husband EEA(QP). Application received since 11 April 2016. Till this day, only one application fee was taken and we have received nothing, no email or letter. I requested my passport back on 18 April 2016 and also heard nothing from them. I needed to go back to my country cause my aunt is dying.
I did said that in the form but I guess the worker there probably do not have a heart. I wonder how do they pass each day knowing that people's lives are depending on them and still working like it's prior-phone age.
They don't receive calls, emails, do not respond to anything. They made us sent original important document by post and we don't even know if it is received properly. This is 2016! It is not really that hard to put the status of the case on the website to let people check; or at least send confirmation letter to let we know that they received it.

I came from a third world country and even my country's bureaucrats work better than this. I'm very shocked that this is the process of a developed country. I just wonder how this ridiculous process is not making everyone upset, or is it?
Hi!

I know you posted this a few days ago. I'm so sorry about your aunt and the whole situation. I just wanted to encourage you, don't give up and if they miss deadlines, keep pushing.

My husband and I were in the same situation. They only took one fee and then 3 weeks later I got an email acknowledging that they received my EEA(QP) application. We had to phone the hotline several times. While people kept telling us that this is very unusual and maybe we had filled out something wrong, we were sure we had not (same card details for both applications, always enough money on the card, etc.). The hotline staff told us there is a 6 week deadline for them to take the fee after first telling us it's 3 or 4 weeks, so we were given very conflicting information. We kept calling after specific deadlines and finally they filled out a request for a caseworker to call us back. The caseworker didn't call back within the given time (3 or 5 working days, I think), so we called again and submitted a new request for a caseworker to call us. This time a caseworker did call us, a day later (6 weeks after our application was received), they took the second fee. We then received the biometrics letter a week after and enrolled it the same day.

However, the waiting continued with the CoA. We were told we should get the CoA within 3 weeks, yet nothing came. We called again and again, were told to send an email, so we did that. We waited some more, no CoA... called again and they (again) filled out a request for someone to call us. But nobody called us. Finally, the hotline staff said there is nothing more they could do and told us to use the complaint system. We did and we finally received the CoA a short time after (5 and a half weeks after we submitted the biometrics).

We have since gotten a reply through the complaint system (we did let them know as soon as we got the CoA but they still investigated it). They apologised for the second fee being taken so late and for the CoA not arriving on time and said it was a mistake. We are now waiting for the RC and registration certificate, which we are expecting sometime in early to midd July (we applied late January this year).

Don't give up, call them, email them... and keep track of your timeline. We are sending you lots of good luck!

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:05 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
Nona1004 wrote:Hi!

I think you can request a duplicate CoA by sending an email (with your information) to NWEUROCOARequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

We were told to send them an email since we are still waiting for the original CoA (see my post above) and got an automatic reply saying it is for requesting duplicate CoAs (so I guess since we didn't actually want a duplicate, they never did anything with our email). But it should work for you since that's exactly what you're looking for.

Best of luck!
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, you know what you can do is try email them again and again until you get a reply from them (Not the automated email) I did this and I got our COA in about a week so it should work for you.
Thank you for the help! We did send two emails, but never got one (we waited a good week an a half to see if they sent one). We finally got the CoA after sending an email again along with an email through the complaints procedure (after we the hotline staff told us to do so).

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Tue May 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Dear nona1004,

Thank you for your encouragement. I actually read your post some time ago that you have had the same problem. It is really nice to know that I'm not alone. I'm happy for you that your case is kinda resolved. I did called them and he said the home office has a lot of application because of the referendum now so they haven't designate anyone on my application yet. 6 weeks already and they haven't done anything at all. Now he said the timeline for the fee is to be within 10 weeks (extended again). I saw the timeline that someone submit a week after me and received the biometrics letter already. I feel so hopeless that I'll get my passport back soon. It is so annoying that they do not process by order received. Maybe by nationality ?

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Has anyone received their residence card?

It looks like home office is working slow now. They were working "quick" few months ago :( :(
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Tue May 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Still waiting , this is my second application, been through this since July last year :shock:
In many situations I cannot prove that I'm me !!!!!

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Tue May 24, 2016 4:48 pm

ASNUL wrote:Still waiting , this is my second application, been through this since July last year :shock:

I hope we'll hear a good news soon mate !! [/quote]
Is it ur second application !? Did they refused the first one ?

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 pm

URGRNT HELP NEEDED

Hi all members,
I am holding Residence Card since May 2014 after 2years long journey.

We applied for my NON EEA children's Residnece card in February 2016 and we received Bio and COA in March. They already have EEA family permit which we got after tribunal hearing.

Help needed!

I applied online my passport return back on 05/05/2016 after 10 working days on 18/05/2016 I fill enquiry form and today Sent an email to Liverpool Euro for return of my passport.
I didn't heard any thing yet, Please help me what I do for my passport return? My father is in serious condition I have to travel.

My wife called many times Liverpool office they always saying same thing, " That for your husband's non EEA children's residence card we don't need your husband's passport while he already holds residence card"
She apologise for that it's our mistake that we send my non EEA husband's passport but now send us passport.

No reply.

What's other option to get passport back?

Thanks

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Tue May 24, 2016 8:04 pm

SE/nech wrote:
ASNUL wrote:Still waiting , this is my second application, been through this since July last year :shock:

I hope we'll hear a good news soon mate !!
Is it ur second application !? Did they refused the first one ?[/quote]

Me too mate !!
The first application I applied for in July my spouse (EEA Citizen) wasn't working at this time we didn't register as job seeker as we thought that means we are asking for allowances, I was working but obviously it didn't mean anything to them, we sent all job applications for my spouse, anyway my spouse started to work from September we thought we will stick with the COA and don't contact the HO as it might affect the decision as it states, so we kept waiting and it was wrong because at this moment we should have made something called change of circumstances from jobseeker to employed qualified person accordingly the application got refused with right to appeal as my spouse is not excersizing treaty rights, we just thought it's the perfect world and we will get contacted by a case worker for any missing documents, also we thought they will be notified by the HMRC if there is any activity started on the national insurance record but that was only imagination, ofcourse I got so frustrated and the refusal letter looks so scary, called the HO and got advised not to appeal as it will take ages and just submit a new application, that's what we did and the timeline is in the signature, it's difficult without a solicitor as I can't track the application while they can !!!!!! However I'm still not using a solicitor and doing it all on our own.
I will have to be honest with you and everyone, I'm getting more anxious day by day !!!!
Wish all of us good news !