ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umair2017

Tier 1 Extension

Post by umair2017 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi guys
I am applying for tier 1 entrepreneur extension in november 2016. I have already created two full time jobs, and every other requirement is also fulfilled.
Just wanted to know what other documents do I need to submit with my application?

Also, has any one travelled backhome from any UK airport and came back? What sort of questions does the immigration ask.

Many thanks

kingraja

Re: Tier 1 Extension

Post by kingraja » Tue May 24, 2016 11:53 pm

1-you can search documents list in this forum easily
2-I travelled twice back home they haven't asked me anything special just few questions related to my visa requirements they asked me about my visit purpose, company name & how much i invested & did i hire two employees & what is their status in uk..thats it.
rajathegreat

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 25, 2016 11:05 am

Just wanted to know what other documents do I need to submit with my application?
Read the guide. It is all given there
Also, has any one travelled backhome from any UK airport and came back? What sort of questions does the immigration ask.
You might be asked simple questions about your business or what you do, nothing extensive
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed May 25, 2016 11:45 am

You have no limitations on travel during your visa (except be in UK 180d/year for ILR), I travel a lot.

At entry to the UK border (under profession I write : entrepreneur) they sometimes ask me what my company does, just chit chat to ascertain we are real.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:07 pm

Thanks for your reply guys.

please tell me where can i find the full list of documents for extension?

So travelling is easy after extension? I mean coming back at gatwick or heathrow. A friend of mine has suggested me to come via Europe by train to UK. The immigration at coach stations is very easy than at airports.

Just wanted to know if anyone has came back that way?

Regards

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu May 26, 2016 12:25 pm

umair2017 wrote:Thanks for your reply guys.

So travelling is easy after extension? I mean coming back at gatwick or heathrow. A friend of mine has suggested me to come via Europe by train to UK. The immigration at coach stations is very easy than at airports.

Regards
I am trying to ascertain where you have thought that travel is any issue at all? Before or after extension? it is a non issue. You can travel as much as you want. (only during the extension period when they have your passport or even if you have a 2nd passport is it an issue). During extension they do not ask how many days you were out of UK. That is only relevant to ILR

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:38 pm

No i mean is when you arrive at a uk border, they ask questions at immigration. Thanks for your reply, yes I know I can't travel when my passport is with them. I mean after extension.

I will be prepared to answer their questions anyway.

Just one question, pls tell me where can i get list of documents to submit?

seasky wrote:
umair2017 wrote:Thanks for your reply guys.

Regards
I am trying to ascertain where you have thought that travel is any issue at all? Before or after extension? it is a non issue. You can travel as much as you want. (only during the extension period when they have your passport or even if you have a 2nd passport is it an issue). During extension they do not ask how many days you were out of UK. That is only relevant to ILR

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 26, 2016 12:44 pm

READ THE GUIDE
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
If you are holding a valid UK residence permit (BRP), you have the right to be here. You should be able to travel outside the UK freely and enter the UK legally from any point of entry/border without any issues. We all travel regularly outside the UK without any issues.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu May 26, 2016 1:31 pm

umair2017 wrote:No i mean is when you arrive at a uk border, they ask questions at immigration.
Since they see you are on t1-E they tend to ask me what do I do. that's it.

e.g. Answer: "I make fusion powered aircraft", "I have a pizza restaurant", "I make stuffed mice for the northern Finnish market"

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:57 pm

lol.

thanks for your reply.

Roughly how much time they take for processing? My application is straight forward, and I got my initial visa in 12 days time.

so can i expect this time too, they take the same time span?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 28, 2016 11:33 pm

umair2017 wrote:T...

Regards
No i mean is when you arrive at a uk border, they ask questions at immigration.
What a bizarre question.
You are supposed to be an entrepreneur not a secret agent.

T1E visa holders submit English proficiency to prove they can communicate. Think about the reason for that requirement.

Any qualified and high-powered entrepreneur worth her salt should in any case be first and foremost a communicator. (Think sales pitches, VC negotiations & etc).

T1E holders operate at NQF6 level or above, don't they.

Why would anyone seek a perceived soft option/backwater type of entry point back into the country?! (and its doubtful there are any from outside CTA).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dyleic
Newly Registered

Post by dyleic » Sun May 29, 2016 12:24 pm

hi,
I have applied for entrepreneur visa in oct 2013. I had showed 50k in joint bank account. after we got visa we did not know that 50k had to be transferred into business account. now its 4-5 month left in extension and i came to know that we need to transferred it to business account. is any one know abt this situation

some body suggested me to now transfer money into business account. it is correct way. all consultants have different opinions and couldnot know how to solve this problem

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:19 pm

dyleic wrote:hi,
I have applied for entrepreneur visa in oct 2013. I had showed 50k in joint bank account. after we got visa we did not know that 50k had to be transferred into business account. now its 4-5 month left in extension and i came to know that we need to transferred it to business account. is any one know abt this situation

some body suggested me to now transfer money into business account. it is correct way. all consultants have different opinions and couldnot know how to solve this problem
Dyelic, you still have enough time, so transfer it from your personal to your business account ASAP and create an unsecured directors loan.