ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 dependent to PBS Tier 2 Principal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

livetosurf
Newly Registered

PBS Tier 2 dependent to PBS Tier 2 Principal

Post by livetosurf » Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 am

Currently my wife is under PBS Tier 2 General (Principal) visa and I am under PBS Tier 2 Dependent visa.

1. I am looking forward to switch my Tier 2 Dependent visa to Tier 2 Principal visa as my company is willing to sponsor me. This is my first UK visa and will I be subjected to the cooling off requirement?

2. In the near future my wife is planning to switch from Tier 2 Principal visa to Tier 2 Dependent visa under me as her contract is ending in less than a year's time. Will she be subjected to the cooling off requirement?

3. If she is under Tier 2 Dependent visa under me will she be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain after five years as main applicant? Reason is that she is a scientist with PhD which I believe is exempted from the £35k requirement. In return I will apply as her partner as my pay is not above £35k.

4. If she applied for Tier 2 Dependent visa in a few months time will she be subjected to the cooling off requirement when she apply for indefinite leave to remain in the future (four or five years from now)?

Many thanks.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: PBS Tier 2 dependent to PBS Tier 2 Principal

Post by gag285 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:15 am

livetosurf wrote:Currently my wife is under PBS Tier 2 General (Principal) visa and I am under PBS Tier 2 Dependent visa.

1. I am looking forward to switch my Tier 2 Dependent visa to Tier 2 Principal visa as my company is willing to sponsor me. This is my first UK visa and will I be subjected to the cooling off requirement?No the cool off only applies to the principal applicant. You would however need to apply from your home country

2. In the near future my wife is planning to switch from Tier 2 Principal visa to Tier 2 Dependent visa under me as her contract is ending in less than a year's time. Will she be subjected to the cooling off requirement? - No, the cool-off only applies to her ability to return to the UK as a Tier 2 principal applicant. She can switch in the UK once you have successfully switched.

3. If she is under Tier 2 Dependent visa under me will she be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain after five years as main applicant? Reason is that she is a scientist with PhD which I believe is exempted from the £35k requirement. In return I will apply as her partner as my pay is not above £35k.- No, her ILR clock would reset when your wife changes from Tier 2 main applicant to Tier 2 dependent. The same applies to you.

4. If she applied for Tier 2 Dependent visa in a few months time will she be subjected to the cooling off requirement when she apply for indefinite leave to remain in the future (four or five years from now)?-Sorry i didn't get that question

Many thanks.

livetosurf
Newly Registered

Re: PBS Tier 2 dependent to PBS Tier 2 Principal

Post by livetosurf » Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Gag285 thanks for the information. I guess the last question is irrelevant now since switching visa will reset the clock.