ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa O'stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chris07
Newly Registered

Student Visa O'stay

Post by Chris07 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 am

A friend of mine is a student and has been for the last 5 years. She sent in her passport to BIA for extension and sadly, the secretary at the college didnt send it off in time and by the time it got there, it was 2 days late already.

She has been refused with no right of appeal. Now the BIA has told her to come in and see them in person regarding the matter and she has been given a date and time when she should come.

Is there anyway that her status can be regularised or what action can be taken please.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:07 am

What nationality is she?
Assuming that she would otherwise have been accepted, would it be a huge inconvenience to go back home and apply for an EC, which is the correct way to resolve this.
Where did the BIA letter come from? Was it from the same caseworker who refused the application, or is it from a local enforcement office?
Have they returned her passport?
I must say, if they have refused her without right of appeal, I can't think of any other interest the BIA would now have in talking to her except to serve papers on her as an overstayer and enforce her removal - unless the refusal papers also included a form IS151A? - in which case she's already been recorded as a de facto overstayer.
Can you be more specific about the paperwork she has received?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:16 pm

The only person I would trust with my passport/visa and right of stay is myself.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Colleges have been getting away with this for years, but now they can't they must be forced to do their jobs properly and send these off on time. If I sent a passport in late I would lose my job, and I think that your friend should make a complaint to the OISC about the college.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!