ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reference from HR or a colleague acceptable?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exquisit33

Reference from HR or a colleague acceptable?

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Just in process of completing my husband's AN application and we are at the referee section.

One of my ex-teacher/retired will be completing my husband's reference as he is a friend of ours now.

Can the second reference be from my husband's HR manager? Or even his colleague?

Many thanks
Allah is the greatest!

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Reference from HR or a colleague acceptable?

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:47 pm

At least one referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25. You may have seen this list.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

It would be OK, if you get a referral from Manager rather than colleague.

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:50 am

Hello,

My old colleague and I (both work in different places/cities now) are applying for Naturalisation around the same time. She asked me to be a 2nd referee for her. I want to ascertain that my reference to her should not reflect in any negative way on my application or her. My application will go in a few weeks after her application. We worked together for about 1.5 yrs in 2010-12 and then when we moved jobs have kept in touch till now. Can anyone advice on this? She is having difficulty finding a 2nd referee.

Thank you and Best Wishes

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed May 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Metta5 wrote:Hello,

My old colleague and I (both work in different places/cities now) are applying for Naturalisation around the same time. She asked me to be a 2nd referee for her. I want to ascertain that my reference to her should not reflect in any negative way on my application or her. My application will go in a few weeks after her application.
Is this for the "professional standing" referee as otherwise you need to be a British citizen.

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:34 pm

Yes, this is for the professional one who can be non-BC

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed May 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Metta5 wrote:Yes, this is for the professional one who can be non-BC
I'd be very surprised if HO would could being a reference against someone (although admittedly you never know!)