ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excessive Anual Holidays and Settlement using Tier 2 Route

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Excessive Anual Holidays and Settlement using Tier 2 Route

Post by GondalUK » Wed May 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regarding number of holidays(time outside country) that are safe during Tier 2 VISA and to apply for settlement after 5 years.

- My 1st year has been completed on Tier 2 and my holidays in first year was about 50 days, and I spent 50 days out of UK in different countries.

- This all time spent out of country was not related to my work(Tier 2 Job), about 20 days was spent with family in home country and about 30 days spent to attend difference conferences and competitions. (volunteer work/non paid)

- All these holidays was done after permission from my employer and was included in agreed holidays allowance.

- I have plan to spend about same number of days(about 50 days) out of country every year

Would this absence cause any problem when I have to Apply for Indefinite after 5 years?

Experts, please let me know as it will help me to plan for future and to avoid any problem at the end.

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Excessive Anual Holidays and Settlement using Tier 2 Rou

Post by CR001 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

As the rules currently stand, you are allowed absences of 180 days per 12 months cycle (i.e. 180 x 5).

Remember that for ILR, you will need a letter from your employer about absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed May 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

For last year I travelled 5 times, so one letter from employer explaining those absences were authorised will work? One letter for each year?
CR001 wrote:As the rules currently stand, you are allowed absences of 180 days per 12 months cycle (i.e. 180 x 5).

Remember that for ILR, you will need a letter from your employer about absence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm

One letter PER employer (if you switch sponsors) for absence. It is not a letter PER absence period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu May 19, 2016 4:35 pm

CR001 wrote:One letter PER employer (if you switch sponsors) for absence. It is not a letter PER absence period.
What happens if your previous employer(s) are not active anymore / not in touch with you / fail to give you a letter for X.Y.Z reason?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue May 24, 2016 5:58 pm

I think, the best option is to take such letter from employer at the time of changing/switching employer.
dialectic wrote:
CR001 wrote:One letter PER employer (if you switch sponsors) for absence. It is not a letter PER absence period.
What happens if your previous employer(s) are not active anymore / not in touch with you / fail to give you a letter for X.Y.Z reason?

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed May 25, 2016 3:53 pm

masoodahmed wrote:I think, the best option is to take such letter from employer at the time of changing/switching employer.
dialectic wrote:

Well, yeah. The best option is to have everything covered. But the question is what happens if you can't get a hold of one of your previous sponsors? Is that mandatory?