ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help!! Supporting document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leeloy88

Please help!! Supporting document

Post by leeloy88 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:18 am

Hi,

I'm going to submit my application at the NCS this Friday. I'm a little unsure about the supporting documents required esp to prove the continuous legal stay in the UK in the past 5 years.
G
In the guide booklet it says that applicant need to send in the passport AND a letter from employer or educational body or the government to show continuous legal stay in the past 5 years?!?! But I don't have the latter, and my current employer will not be able to provide that because I switched jobs receive and I have only been working with them for 10 months. What do I do now, please shed some light?

Of course I can provide my passports with all the stamps, but would the NCS take copies of all my passport pages? Or should I do that myself to make sure?

In total below are the documents I provide to support my application:
1. Passport (old and current)
2. BRP
3. Life in the UK test result
4. Bachelor degree certificate

That's about it, what would should I include? I'm married to a British citizen but I'm applying in my own merit so doing the 5 year Tier 2 and 1 year ILR route. Therefore I don't need to include his passport and our marriage certificate, correct?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Please help!! Supporting document

Post by Noetic » Thu May 26, 2016 6:18 am

The NCS I used didn't even know about the documents proving lawful residence the last 5 years - I took my P60s covering 2010-2016 just to be sure. I also had employment contracts and tenancy agreements/mortgage statement with me but they declined to send copies of those. (Admittedly the Home Office already had most of those sent in for my DCPR)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:23 am

leeloy88 wrote:...

In the guide booklet it says that applicant need to send in the passport AND a letter from employer or educational body or the government to show continuous legal stay in the past 5 years?!?! But I don't have the latter, and my current employer will not be able to provide that because I switched jobs receive and I have only been working with them for 10 months. What do I do now, please shed some light?

Of course I can provide my passports with all the stamps, but would the NCS take copies of all my passport pages? Or should I do that myself to make sure?

That's about it, what would should I include? I'm married to a British citizen but I'm applying in my own merit so doing the 5 year Tier 2 and 1 year ILR route. Therefore I don't need to include his passport and our marriage certificate, correct?
For a non-EEA applicant on UK immigration route (ie with ILR not PR), stamped passports should be adequate. It's different for applicants on EU trajectory who don't have stamped passports.

NCS copy will make copies - that's what you're paying for.

Edit: I see guide has changed recently.
Do you have tax documents, council tax bills?

Don't you have contracts/letters (resignation letters?!) from previous employers
(or ask them for a letter?)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Magarmach
Newly Registered

Post by Magarmach » Thu May 26, 2016 8:54 am

Even though you dont have to, but to be on safe side, I rang HMRC & got my 5 years employment history details from them in print format to be sent to my home address. NCS lady was pretty happy to send a copy of that letter from HMRC with my AN application. I thought HMRC letter will not only prove my stay in UK, but also my five years work history that I filled in the form. This also proved my address.

So in essence one letter, proved three things, but of course it didnt prove how many days I spent out of UK for holidays and for that NCS made copies of my passport covering past five years.

If you have obtained ILR and you are a single person, you need to submit,

1) Life in UK test
2) Proof of English language (unless ILR given after Oct 2013).
3) Passport(s) covering exit & entry stamps in past five years or more.
4) BRP (proof of ILR)

HO will get the employment history themselves and they will do all other checks as well. If you are married then go through the Guidance notes, as you will have to submit few other documents i.e. marriage certificate etc.

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:03 am

Thanks!

As my appointment is tmr I think it's too late now to get the letter from HMRC :(.

I do have letter from previous employer to confirm of my resignation and I do have contracts from both old and new employers. However I'm just not sure how this would prove my legal continuous stay during the 5 year period :(.

Also I don't have enough council tax bill of 5 years :(.

People who recently submit their application and are in the similar route (i.e. Non EEA, 5 years tier 1/2 1 year ILR) please let me know what you submitted to prove legal stay?

Even though I'm married to British national but I'm not applying on that basis and purely applying on my own merit, do I still need to submit marriage certificate etc??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 26, 2016 9:09 am

leeloy88 wrote:Thanks!

As my appointment is tmr I think it's too late now to get the letter from HMRC :(.

I do have letter from previous employer to confirm of my resignation and I do have contracts from both old and new employers. However I'm just not sure how this would prove my legal continuous stay during the 5 year period
It doesn't matter 'how it proves it', it's just want HO want to see.
There's not one 'I was here legally for 5 years'-letter - its the whole bundle that demonstrates 'residency'.

Don't submit marriage certificate if not applying under section 6(2).

No need to make up our own requirements, just follow the published AN guidance.
That's all NCS and caseworkers are working to.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 26, 2016 9:48 am

leeloy88 wrote: I do have letter from previous employer to confirm of my resignation and I do have contracts from both old and new employers. However I'm just not sure how this would prove my legal continuous stay during the 5 year period :(.
Don't you have P60s covering that time? You can always include what council tax bills you do have, but P60s seem to be the main proof used.

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:43 am

Duplicated post
Last edited by leeloy88 on Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 am

Noetic wrote:
leeloy88 wrote: I do have letter from previous employer to confirm of my resignation and I do have contracts from both old and new employers. However I'm just not sure how this would prove my legal continuous stay during the 5 year period :(.
Don't you have P60s covering that time? You can always include what council tax bills you do have, but P60s seem to be the main proof used.
Yep I do have P60 forms.but thought someone said the NCS refused to include that in their application?

So this is what I'm going to submit to prove for legal stay:
1. Contract of old employer.
2. Confirmation from old employer of my resignation.
3. Contract from new employer.
4. Employment verification from current employer.
5. All of my P60 to cover 5 years period.

Is there anything else I could include please let me know.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 am

leeloy88 wrote:Yep I do have P60 forms.but thought someone said the NCS refused to include that in their application?

Is there anything else I could include please let me know.
NCS are just agents they are not HO caseworkers. They can & do make mistakes (as caseworkers can & do).

Simply go with the flow and go with the published guidance.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu May 26, 2016 2:19 pm

leeloy88 wrote:
Yep I do have P60 forms.but thought someone said the NCS refused to include that in their application?
Sorry that was me - I did try to edit that post because I realised it could be misinterpreted.

NCS declined the big stack of employment contract and tenancy agreements I had also brought. They were happy to copy the P60s. (Even if they showed me their internal guidelines and they seemed to have omitted the residence proof altogether!)

I'd take everything along but a full P60 history for 5 years should suffice.