ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by Nona1004 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 am

Dear minhabolacha,

I'm so sorry to hear that you still have not received anything and that they've further extended their deadlines. I'm not quite sure how they determine the deadlines and what exactly the person on the phone has told you, so you can judge this situation a lot better than I can. Having said that, the amount of conflicting things they've told my husband and myself over the phone each time we called has made me believe that the hotline staff doesn't really seem to know that much (or at least some of them don't seem to know that much). On the other hand, we have had some very friendly and helpful staff give us good advice when we called, as well.
While it is very important to keep an eye on the timeline of others, I've also felt very disheartened when I saw several people, who applied at least a month and a half after us, get the CoA letter weeks before we got it. I'm not sure what system they use, a relative of mine suggested they might allocated teams/workers alphabetically (based on the surname of applicants)... or maybe, like you suggested, they go by nationality.

In case it is helpful for you, here is what the complaints procedure concluded about what happened with us: "I apologise for the issues you encountered regarding the differing times when payments were taken for each application. Unfortunately, there was an oversight with regard to taking payment when initially processing your application, which then resulted in delays in sending the biometrics enrolment letter."
The email also confirmed that they aim to issue CoA's within 21 days after people enrol their biometrics.

Keep us updated on any developments! I really hope you see some developments soon.

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:36 am

Hi,

Its 36days since I applied for EEA2. I did not receive biometric letter yet. According to EU directive:

Article 10
Issue of residence cards
1. The right of residence of family members of a Union citizen who are not nationals of a Member
State shall be evidenced by the issuing of a document called "Residence card of a family member of
a Union citizen" no later than six months from the date on which they submit the application. A
certificate of application for the residence card shall be issued immediately.

So what is immediately according to HO? 2 months?

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm

hsn86 wrote:Hi,

Its 36days since I applied for EEA2. I did not receive biometric letter yet. According to EU directive:

Article 10
Issue of residence cards
1. The right of residence of family members of a Union citizen who are not nationals of a Member
State shall be evidenced by the issuing of a document called "Residence card of a family member of
a Union citizen" no later than six months from the date on which they submit the application. A

Hey hsn86,

Same here, It has been 37 days! I have emailed biometircs team and they confirmed that the biometric enrolment letter was sent on the 19th of May. And it takes 5 working days for the post to arrive. So...waiting...if nothing arrives by the end of the week I will have to email them again. I guess this is the process from now on - pile them with the letters and emails if we want things to be ever done! :evil:

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Fiso4ka wrote:

Article 10
Issue of residence cards

Hey hsn86,

Same here, It has been 37 days! I have emailed biometircs team and they confirmed that the biometric enrolment letter was sent on the 19th of May. And it takes 5 working days for the post to arrive. So...waiting...if nothing arrives by the end of the week I will have to email them again. I guess this is the process from now on - pile them with the letters and emails if we want things to be ever done! :evil:
Hi,

How come it takes 1 week to arrive? Maybe they just collect and send all together instead of daily dispatch :S

Fortunately, latest timelines show that COA arrives just after 1 week. I really hope to get bio letter tomorrow...

nicachen
Newly Registered

Post by nicachen » Thu May 26, 2016 7:12 am

Hi There,

I have had my biometrics enrolled on the 13th May, however no sign of CoA yet.. Which is quite annoying

Does anyone know which email address I can send a request to?

Thanks a lot guys, hope our luck changes and we all get the letters we have been waiting for :)

hsn86 wrote:
Fiso4ka wrote:

Article 10
Issue of residence cards

Hey hsn86,

Hi,

How come it takes 1 week to arrive? Maybe they just collect and send all together instead of daily dispatch :S

Fortunately, latest timelines show that COA arrives just after 1 week. I really hope to get bio letter tomorrow...

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:11 am

Hi,

I think you should write to : NWEUROCOARequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Which e-mail did you use for asking bio letter status?
nicachen wrote:Hi There,

I have had my biometrics enrolled on the 13th May, however no sign of CoA yet.. Which is quite annoying

Thanks a lot guys, hope our luck changes and we all get the letters we have been waiting for :)

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Thu May 26, 2016 11:32 am

Hi hsn86,

I used this email:
EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

As I understand they usually reply within a week

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Thu May 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi everyone!!

Today I have finally received my biometric letter and CAS!!! WOW :D Didn't expect both in the same letter and honestly was prepared to wait for another month.

So that's my current timeline:

Application sent: 18/04/2016
Application received: 19/04/2016
Biometric letter: 26/05/2016 (dated 19/05/2016)
COA: 26/05/2016 (dated 24/05/2016)
RC
EEA (EFM) as unmarried partner

hsn86
Turkey

Post by hsn86 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi Fiso4ka,

Congratulations!! Is it without right to work? Because, generally they sent COA wo right to work in the same envelope with biometrics letter.
Fiso4ka wrote:Hi everyone!!

Today I have finally received my biometric letter and CAS!!! WOW :D Didn't expect both in the same letter and honestly was prepared to wait for another month.

So that's my current timeline:

Application sent: 18/04/2016
Application received: 19/04/2016
Biometric letter: 26/05/2016 (dated 19/05/2016)
COA: 26/05/2016 (dated 24/05/2016)
RC
EEA (EFM) as unmarried partner

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm

hsn86 wrote:Hi Fiso4ka,

Congratulations!! Is it without right to work? Because, generally they sent COA wo right to work in the same envelope with biometrics letter.
Thank you :D

Yes, with no right to work as I am unmarried partner - so that was expected. Some people call and negotiate this with HO, but I think I don't have any reasons to do this now, no arguments really. I am finishing my PhD and don't have any jobs offers .

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Post by minhabolacha » Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Dear nona1004,

Finally the fee was taken, 6 weeks after they received it. I was thinking about sending the complaint email like you did but will they do anything more than just apologize?

EEA(FM) and EEA(QP) received by HO: 11/04/2016
EEA(QP) payment fee taken 14/04/2016
Passport return requested 18/04/2016
Doc not received 2/05/2016
EEA(FM) payment fee taken 23/05/2016

raissel
Newly Registered

Post by raissel » Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 am

There is a form to submit a complaint to the European Commission... I think the HO is not fulfilling the European Law every time the take more than 6 month to process an application. Actually, the EU and UK regulations both say the CoA shall be issued IMMEDIATELY.

According to The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006
17.-3
On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required t accompany the application, the Secretary of State shall IMMEDIATELY issue the applicant with a CoA for the RC and the RC shall be issued no later than six month after the date on which the application and documents are received.

Which is the same as the European Directive about free movement Directive 2004/58/EC in Article 10 Paragraph 1. Actually, the CoA takes at least a month and there are cases that could take much longer... which implies the Family Members has no way to prove their right to work in UK. We've also seen so many cases of applications delayed much longer than 6 months.

http://ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu- ... int_en.htm

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... 515_en.pdf

sandy88

Post by sandy88 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 am

Hi Mates

Did anyone get any response after COA on December 2015 batch?? I am anxiously waiting

its 5 months and 2 week since i submitted my application :shock:

Have a good day!

Regards

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Fri May 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Still no news yet mate ! I expect to get a decision soon
It has been 24weeks since we applied

Nona1004
Newly Registered

Post by Nona1004 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Dear minhabolacha,

We basically received an apology and the email said that extra training had been provided to the officers. "We aim to provide a high level of customer service and on this occasion we did not meet those standards for which I apologise... Your correspondence has been provided to the team manager who has provided additional training to our officers."

I cannot really advise you on what you should do. I can tell you that we were very unsure about what to do and only complained when the hotline stuff told us to do so. Honestly, we were worried that, by complaining, we would upset our case worker and jeopardise our applications. I'm not sure how valid that fear is/was. If I were you, I would definitely complain if there is another delay (like the biometrics letter or CoA not arriving within the deadlines the hotline staff tell you (and for the CoA I think the 21 days is a set internal deadline)). I think it is also important to show them that you are on top of things and know your rights and the relevant deadlines.

I've talked about your case with my husband and he rightly pointed out something that might be of importance for you. When you receive the CoA, it states that you should not make any travel plans, unless it is urgent, until they have returned your passport (once a decision has been made). The CoA also guides you on what you need to do if you have to travel urgently and request your passport back.

If your case continues as ours did, the good thing is that you should get the biometrics letter within a week/few days. And hopefully you won't have any issues with the CoA.

diego-560
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by diego-560 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi all

My partner and I have just applied for EEA EFM and EEA QP. I have learnt so much from these boards, it really helped me in getting my application together. I am the Extended Family Member as an Unmarried Partner, I'm a New Zealand citizen. She is the QP, and is Hungarian. We have been together for 6 years, have lived together for the past 3 and a bit years in London. We have very good evidence for the last 2 years of living together having a durable relationship (Various joint bills, joint bank account, joint tenancy agreements, joint council taxes) plus we included photos of us spread over the entire 6 years. We're going to visit my family again at the end of the year so I included a print of our confirmed itinerary to NZ for Christmas. I also included a pre-paid special delivery envelope already addressed to myself because I need them to send my passport back as soon as they are able. Not sure if it'll help, but I thought it can't hurt. Thanks Kamoe for the idea.

Here's our timeline so far:

25 May: Application sent
26 May: Application received by HO
27 May: Payment taken (for both of us)

.... to be continued!

nicachen
Newly Registered

Post by nicachen » Sat May 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi hsn86,

Thanks for that. I had understood from another post that this email address is for a second copy of the CoA, but I'll send an email today! :)

Regarding biometrics I sent to eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and it did work! They even replied!

Hope the CoA arrives soon!

Thanks a lot and good luck to us all!

nicachen wrote:Hi There,

hiyo_b
Newly Registered

Post by hiyo_b » Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 am

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has supplied the Home Office additional document AFTER they submitted the EEA QP or FM application?

My situation is like this: my husband (EEA) and I (non-EEA) sent our application at the end of April. Regarding my husband's proof of being a qualified person, we sent in his pay slips x 3 months (printed from the company's payslip system on decent paper) plus 3 months of HSBC bank statements as extra supporting evidence. Since we mainly get our statement online. We requested hard copies via phone.

The first 2 months' statements we received thru post. But for last one (April), we walked in to the branch to ask for it right after my husband got his salary. The statement was printed by the staff. The paper feels alright (not facsimile type of paper). It has my husband's name, no account number. It said "temporary statement" because the full one was not due until May. Even though it was not from the internet, it did show "Page 1 of 2, Page 2 of 2....etc". No stamp from bank because HSBC said that they don't do it.

At that time I thought it was OK because no matter what, it is from the bank. But one month passed and I just got more and more anxious. I also discovered this forum and have since then read about a lot of pain and tears of other applicants here. I wonder if I should send the Home Office my full April statement again.

Do you think I need to? And If I do send it in as complimentary evidence, will Home Office accept it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Mon May 30, 2016 6:03 pm

sandy88 wrote:Hi Mates

Did anyone get any response after COA on December 2015 batch?? I am anxiously waiting

its 5 months and 2 week since i submitted my application :shock:

Have a good day!

Regards

Hi Sandy,

Still waiting :roll: let us know if you get any news please!!!

Regards

Fiso4ka
Newly Registered

Post by Fiso4ka » Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm

hiyo_b wrote:Hi,

I wonder if anyone has supplied the Home Office additional document AFTER they submitted the EEA QP or FM application?

My situation is like this: my husband (EEA) and I (non-EEA) sent our application at the end of April. Regarding my husband's proof of being a qualified person, we sent in his pay slips x 3 months (printed from the company's payslip system on decent paper) plus 3 months of HSBC bank statements as extra supporting evidence. Since we mainly get our statement online. We requested hard copies via phone.

The first 2 months' statements we received thru post. But for last one (April), we walked in to the branch to ask for it right after my husband got his salary. The statement was printed by the staff. The paper feels alright (not facsimile type of paper). It has my husband's name, no account number. It said "temporary statement" because the full one was not due until May. Even though it was not from the internet, it did show "Page 1 of 2, Page 2 of 2....etc". No stamp from bank because HSBC said that they don't do it.

At that time I thought it was OK because no matter what, it is from the bank. But one month passed and I just got more and more anxious. I also discovered this forum and have since then read about a lot of pain and tears of other applicants here. I wonder if I should send the Home Office my full April statement again.

Do you think I need to? And If I do send it in as complimentary evidence, will Home Office accept it?

Hey hiyo_b,

Have you attached this explanation to the supplied documents? I had one printed bank statement BUT stamped by Barclays and I also attached a sheet of paper explaining that this statement was lost and therefore had to be reordered at the bank. I think as long as you give a solid story with the proof it should be fine. And i don't think sending extra documents will harm your application. They might not accept it but at least you tried :)
Make sure you add a cover letter to whatever you send. They need to understand why you couldn't provide these documents in a first place. And you have to be very clear :D

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Do you all think HO is holding applications because of the referendum next month. It has been really quite this month for december applicants. have anyone got their RC lately?

:(
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

hiyo_b
Newly Registered

Post by hiyo_b » Tue May 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Fiso4ka wrote:
hiyo_b wrote:Hi,

Hey hiyo_b,

Have you attached this explanation to the supplied documents? I had one printed bank statement BUT stamped by Barclays and I also attached a sheet of paper explaining that this statement was lost and therefore had to be reordered at the bank. I think as long as you give a solid story with the proof it should be fine. And i don't think sending extra documents will harm your application. They might not accept it but at least you tried :)
Make sure you add a cover letter to whatever you send. They need to understand why you couldn't provide these documents in a first place. And you have to be very clear :D
Hi Fiso4ka,

Thank you. I have a little sticker beside each doc explaining what that doc is. For the 3rd bank statement I just said the full one would not be available until May, so we personally went to a branch to request a copy showing our transactions to date (right after the April salary came in), we even told them which branch we went to.

Now I am just torn between sending more or not sending more. Because this may add complications to the whole process (which is already lengthy enough). I also fear sending in a more elaborate bank statement now would cast unnecessary suspicion to the original one I have sent, or make them doubt its authenticity. Which they should not because It is really from the bank.

I don't know if my fear is justified though.

This forum is a gem. I am really glad to find people with similar situations helping each others here. Thanks again.

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Tue May 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Any news from december batch ? Does anyone get a decision from HO ?

ASNUL

Post by ASNUL » Tue May 31, 2016 2:28 pm

SE/nech wrote:Any news from december batch ? Does anyone get a decision from HO ?

Nothing yet mate :roll:

dantam
Newly Registered

Post by dantam » Tue May 31, 2016 4:46 pm

ASNUL wrote:
SE/nech wrote:Any news from december batch ? Does anyone get a decision from HO ?

Nothing yet mate :roll:
Hi guys,

Same here, still waiting.

I'm planning my budget for the next month and perhaps someone can help me out.

I've got a CoA with no working rights, can I use the decision letter, if positive, as proof of right to work, or do I need to wait for the residence card?

The 10 working days to receive the RC after receiving the decision letter is included in the 6 months or is it additional?

Fingers crossed to everyone!