ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrige on a Visitors Visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nuranda07
Newly Registered

Post by nuranda07 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 pm

I went on holiday to jamacia and I know that I have met the love of my life (Soulmate).

He will be coming to the UK on a visit soon and does intend to return before his visa runs out.

I intend to 'pop' the question when he comes. In short the question is,
can I get married without a COA?

I have heard that I can get married in a Church of England or a Anglican Church. I am a divorcee.

Can anyone offer any genuine advice?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 pm

First of all, don't assume he will be successful in the visit visa.

Secondly....take some time. The longer you are in a relationship, the more chance you have of getting a future settlement visa.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marrige on a Visitors Visa.

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:16 am

nuranda07 wrote:I went on holiday to jamacia and I know that I have met the love of my life (Soulmate).
You sure? You sure it's not a holiday romance? I know this is not an international relationship board but I do think it's relevant cos the authorities will view ur relationship with scepticism and it's only fair to warn u Kingston is just about the most undesirable place to attempt to get a UK visa from.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nuranda07
Newly Registered

Post by nuranda07 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the reply but can I still get married in a Anglican or Church of England without a COA?.

Cheers!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Certificates of Approval[/url] > [url=http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/visitingtheuk/coaguidance.pdf]Important information regarding Certificate of Approval for marriage or civil partnership applications wrote:5. RELIGIOUS CEREMONIES
5.1 The rules on certificates of approval do not currently apply if you plan to get married at an Anglican Church in England or Wales, after marriage banns or an ecclesiastical licence. You must contact a member of the clergy at the church where you plan to get married to make the appropriate arrangements. However the policy of excluding these religious ceremonies from the certificate of approval scheme was declared unlawful by the High Court. The Government has indicated it will change the rules to bring such marriages within the scope of the scheme. The date of this change has not yet been determined.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Yes, you can, but be aware that vicars are getting more picky about this, and may not automatically allow it.

If you plan to marry, why not go for a fiancee visa, or a marriage visit visa?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

nuranda07
Newly Registered

Post by nuranda07 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi Victoria

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know the time limit, if there is one, between applying for a UK Visitors Visa from Jamacia if you get a refusal on the first one?.

I would also like to know how many people can a sponsorer sponsor in one given year?.

You have been very helpful to me.

Thank you once again

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:57 pm

No limit on either.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!