ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GlobalTrail
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by GlobalTrail » Wed May 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My first post on this page, I have been a silent follower for a while now.
My question is, would you know many Stages there are in relation to the Citizenship application process?
I see a lot of Second Stage and Advanced Stage?

Kind Regards

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Stage 1 : Initial stage (Citizenship Application Requirements Checks)

Stage 2 : Second Stage / Further Processing (Criminal Check, backgrounds, Revenue, etc)

Stage 3 : Advanced Stage (Application in queue for decision)

Stage 4 : Final Stage (Decision has being made but no ceremony invitation yet)

Note: Stage 2 and 3 can be Further Processed if further documents are needed or in complex cases.

Found this info in the previous thread "naturalisation questions"
By: Integrated(hopefully i got his name right)

This info might be useful for some people to know exactly where they are with their application. Reposting again for other members.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:26 pm

And a more detailed one(Repost)

THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp Trayers & Company , brophy etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months . ~ SOURCE: bstar

GlobalTrail
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalTrail » Wed May 25, 2016 4:58 pm

pixie12 wrote:Stage 1 : Initial stage (Citizenship Application Requirements Checks)

Stage 2 : Second Stage / Further Processing (Criminal Check, backgrounds, Revenue, etc)

Note: Stage 2 and 3 can be Further Processed if further documents are needed or in complex cases.

This info might be useful for some people to know exactly where they are with their application. Reposting again for other members.
Hello pixie12

Thank you very much for your swift reply.

Would you know how long it can take to get from Advanced Stage to Final Stage?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:41 pm

GlobalTrail wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Stage 1 : Initial stage (Citizenship Application Requirements Checks)

Hello pixie12

Thank you very much for your swift reply.

Would you know how long it can take to get from Advanced Stage to Final Stage?
Maybe a few weeks to a month.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 am

too quite (about approvals) lately. I hope we will hear very soon

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Peace2804 wrote:A colleague just told me that she received her approval on the post today :P .
I believe many of you will receive approvals this week 8) .
Would u know when did she apply? Im just wondering if they send approvals chronologically? Since theres still more people who applied last year 2015 and they havent got their approvals, might be possible that the first batch will be theirs. Then the 2016 applicants will be next. Just a thought. But like Ive said i was told 3-4 weeks, I am still on the week 2.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:24 pm

jumanufer wrote:too quite (about approvals) lately. I hope we will hear very soon
Yeah Its been quiet. Have u contacted them lately?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu May 26, 2016 12:49 pm

pixie12 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:too quite (about approvals) lately. I hope we will hear very soon

Not for a long time as I was getting 3 times the advance status. I wanted to wait to either get it or if comes a wave of approvals and I dnt get it then would ask again

U?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:34 pm

jumanufer wrote:
pixie12 wrote:

Not for a long time as I was getting 3 times the advance status. I wanted to wait to either get it or if comes a wave of approvals and I dnt get it then would ask again

U?
The last time i contacted them was may 10. Which they said i will hearing back from their office in 3-4weeks time. I am expecting it maybe next week or the week after that. If not I'll contact them again. Goodluck to us!!xx

xbox
Newly Registered

Post by xbox » Thu May 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Update:

Contacted INIS today on 06232500 and asked for
1. Status of application -------was told "submitted to minister for decision"
2. Expected turn around -------was told "by end of July"
3. Next Ceremony ------- was told "scheduled in September and dates not confirmed yet"

Does any one contacted them recently by phone?

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Thu May 26, 2016 3:59 pm

xbox wrote:Update:

3. Next Ceremony ------- was told "scheduled in September and dates not confirmed yet"

Hi Xbox

Could you please share your application timeline. sothat we can guess about our application and process
many thanks in advance

xbox
Newly Registered

Post by xbox » Thu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Deekay wrote:

Hi Xbox

Could you please share your application timeline. sothat we can guess about our application and process
many thanks in advance

Hi Deejay,
For wife, 5year residency basis
Applied last week of Sep 2015
First stage 8.10.2015
Second stage 29.10.2015
Awaiting for approval

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Thu May 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I was told similar too when I phoned last week Thursday. She said ceremony will be in Sep/Oct but no date has been fixed yet and approvals will be 2 to 2 and a half months b4 ceremony. So......Lol.....We all have to patiently wait.

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm

pixie12 wrote:
Peace2804 wrote:A colleague just told me that she received her approval on the post today :P .
I believe many of you will receive approvals this week 8) .
Would u know when did she apply? Im just wondering if they send approvals chronologically? Since theres still more people who applied last year 2015 and they havent got their approvals, might be possible that the first batch will be theirs. Then the 2016 applicants will be next. Just a thought. But like Ive said i was told 3-4 weeks, I am still on the week 2.
Apologies for the misunderstanding :? , she told me about her citizenship approval briefly during a coffee break and somehow I either misunderstood her or she didn't explain it well.
I talked to her this afternoon and it's not an approval it's an acknowledgment only as she was asked to provide an up to date GNIB card and she successfully received it.....it's not an approval yet.
I guess she was excited about her GNIB renewal and the prospect of obtaining her Irish citizenship.
She applied towards the end of September 2015.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:07 pm

To my understanding,ceremony is usually every 90 TO 100 day after each ceremony. The last one was in April 26th. So guys do the maths. Not even the person on the phone knows exact time for citizenship ceremonies. I wish all of us the best . :)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up @Peace2804
Thats kinda a bummer if we have to wait til the end of july for approvals to roll.
I am 100% sure of what i got on my email 2 weeks ago. I asked them when will i be able to expect a letter? Because I was told I am on the advance stage since april. And he clearly states that I will hear back from their office in 3-4weeks time. Do they have the tendency to say something, but they wont keep their word afterwards?
He could not have given me any timeline, If the person who answered my email was unsure. Just a thought. But anyways, I really hope we dont need to wait for that long. Will definitely post it here once i heard something from them. Goodluck to all of us!!!xx

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri May 27, 2016 10:48 am

Hi I just asked once more (maybe I just listen to a chakra and relax).
Same as on March 23, April 5 and April 19 it is in advance stage. They didn't say when I should expect to hear (asked specifically) so no other option than to wait

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:34 am

jumanufer wrote:Hi I just asked once more (maybe I just listen to a chakra and relax).
Same as on March 23, April 5 and April 19 it is in advance stage. They didn't say when I should expect to hear (asked specifically) so no other option than to wait
Good morning Jamanufer,Pixie12,Dublin777 ,Kingdom man and all my friends on this forum. I bliv the approvals will come when it will come ,Ve bn on advance stage since January and yesterday I emailed them and a response was sent back within seconds of the email that my application is still at the advance stage.Let continue to pray and hope for the best cos I bliv there are loads of underlining factors that we are not aware of disturbing the prompt and timely approvals of applications.I submitted in September! No warnings,no fines,no criminal convictions and up till now nothing nothing and from my own calculations that has exceeded six months time frame . So no one can really explain what is going on and am not the only one in this situations. I blif there are others hidden factors and reasons why all this applications are taking longer to decide on.May be they want to make the citizenship ceremony twice or once a year! May be there were administrative pandemonium somewhere.No one can genuine say. I just appeal to all of us waiting for approvals to continue to be law abiding and also be a good repretatives of what Ireland stand for. Thanks and God bless.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 am

NINIOLA69 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:Hi I just asked once more (maybe I just listen to a chakra and relax).
Good morning Jamanufer,Pixie12,Dublin777 ,Kingdom man and all my friends on this forum. I bliv the approvals will come when it will come ,Ve bn on advance stage since January and yesterday I emailed them and a response was sent back within seconds of the email that my application is still at the advance stage.Let continue to pray and hope for the best cos I bliv there are loads of underlining factors that we are not aware of disturbing the prompt and timely approvals of applications.I submitted in September! No warnings,no fines,no criminal convictions and up till now nothing nothing and from my own calculations that has exceeded six months time frame . So no one can really explain what is going on and am not the only one in this situations. I blif there are others hidden factors and reasons why all this applications are taking longer to decide on.May be they want to make the citizenship ceremony twice or once a year! May be there were administrative pandemonium somewhere.No one can genuine say. I just appeal to all of us waiting for approvals to continue to be law abiding and also be a good repretatives of what Ireland stand for. Thanks and God bless.

We have to relax and wait their decision Nothing more, although not easy to control anxiety lol
As I got second stage letter so quick (11th feb or around that) and by March 23rd I was already in advance stage I thought I would get the approval before or just days after ceremony of april. I underestimated. Two months later and I am in the same stage.
I am glad you too (please do not misunderstand me, I hope and I am sure you will get it soon), because that means it is not an issue on my application but most likely with the internal changes or complexities they are facing. Maybe the elections and posterior uncertainty.

Now everything is clear. let's hope we all get it very soon.

BTW, I asked about the ceremony, they say there is nothing scheduled for this year (I understand YET), and that I should keep an eye on the web site.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 am

Hello everyone! Please do not despair and I can confirm again that good news on your applications is on the way and any moment now... Keep positive!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 am

KingdomMan wrote:Hello everyone! Please do not despair and I can confirm again that good news on your applications is on the way and any moment now... Keep positive!
I hope so but for whatever reason seems to go very slow lately

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 am

jumanufer wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:Hello everyone! Please do not despair and I can confirm again that good news on your applications is on the way and any moment now... Keep positive!
@Kingdoman; Even though you are officially an Irish citizen, you still spare your time to encourage and advise people on this forum knowing the pain staking wait to get an approval. I don't know who you are but you are such a wonderful person and God will reward you abundantly. Keep it up mate. Hopefully, we will all rejoice very soon with an avalanche of approvals on the way.

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

KingdomMan wrote:Please Use This Timeline for 2016 Approvals. Wish you all a wonderful and prosperous New Year 2016! :D :D
I rang citizenship today and spoken to nice guy he said to me my file was back from the feedback and now is send to the minister for decision !!! them i asked about cerimonies he said does no yet but he believes its come out after October 15th so we just need be patients and nothink elso to do !!!! Good luck to all of us lads

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:33 pm

jumanufer wrote:
Yeah i agree. If we dont hear anything til next week. Maybe they are right about the july turnaround. This is my 3rd week waiting going on the 4th week. When they said " i will hear from them in 3-4 weeks time" so still hopeful. I hope the ceremony is sooner than october.