ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other Countries in EU Immigration route through student visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuce

Other Countries in EU Immigration route through student visa

Post by manuce » Thu May 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi ,

Please consider this as general question, I will try to keep it short I need to know since UK has applied so many restriction and now students can't get settled here after studies I need to know if there any another countries in EU offering such route where someone can come for studies and then apply for work visa and then get settlement ? Please type in the name of the country and some advice if possible so that I can do a bit of research on my own for universities etc.

Thanks a ton for your feedback input on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Other Countries in EU Immigration route through student

Post by CR001 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:31 pm

The UK does offer student visa holders to apply/switch to Tier 2 General if they get a sponsor and then settlement (ILR) after 5 years on Tier 2 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manuce

Post by manuce » Thu May 26, 2016 5:53 pm

ok but getting tier 2 general is not easy to get like the PSW + TIER 1 + ILR route ? do you agree.

Also I have heard that Tier 2 route is getting abused like the TIER 1 and many people are trying to get bogus Tier 2 visa whic means this route will be under home office radar and they soon will have to close it like they did the Tier 1 general visa if you remember.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu May 26, 2016 8:11 pm

manuce wrote:ok but getting tier 2 general is not easy to get like the PSW + TIER 1 + ILR route ? do you agree.

Also I have heard that Tier 2 route is getting abused like the TIER 1 and many people are trying to get bogus Tier 2 visa whic means this route will be under home office radar and they soon will have to close it like they did the Tier 1 general visa if you remember.
Germany offers an 18 months post study work permit which can be converted to a regular work permit if you find a qualified job during that time. This then leads to settlement and naturalisation, if you fulfill the requirements such as language skills, etc..
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

manuce

Post by manuce » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 pm

AKLB thanks for the information , appreciate the tip. Does anyone know if Ireland does the same or not?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 26, 2016 10:10 pm

30 seconds of google would generate a hit-list.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.