ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LEAVE TO REMAIN 5 YEAR ROUTE SWITCH

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beemer
Newly Registered

LEAVE TO REMAIN 5 YEAR ROUTE SWITCH

Post by beemer » Fri May 27, 2016 4:10 am

Good morning

I was granted leave to remain on the 10 year route as a parent of a british child and upon its expiry, I have made an application to switch to the 5 year route as a parent on the relationship with the child. I applied with my SERT English test certificate and my gross earnings which is over the 18500 k limit. I received an acknowledgement letter recently stating; YOUR APPLICATION RAISES ISSUES RELATING TO THE EUROPEAN CONVENTION ON HUMAN RIGHTS WHICH IS COMPLEX IN NATURE. AS SUCH IT FALLS OUTSIDE OUR NORMAL SERVICE STANDARDS ON DECIDING LEAVE TO REMAIN APPLICATIONS. PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. Please can someone help to interpret this statement since I am finding it difficult to understand. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: LEAVE TO REMAIN 5 YEAR ROUTE SWITCH

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 am

It is a standard reply, many applicants get the same message. It means HO might take longer than published timeframes to process your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Reus

Post by Reus » Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm

hi beemer, iam actually looking to do the samething. but apparently u don't necessarily have to wait till its expiry date. that is, ucan do it anytime from when its issued provided u meet the requirements.
Also croo1 please can u confirm for me if u actually need to meet a threshold of £18.6k cos ithought this requirement was for married couples on flr(M) only. thankyou.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Reus wrote:hi beemer, iam actually looking to do the samething. but apparently u don't necessarily have to wait till its expiry date. that is, ucan do it anytime from when its issued provided u meet the requirements.
Also croo1 please can u confirm for me if u actually need to meet a threshold of £18.6k cos ithought this requirement was for married couples on flr(M) only. thankyou.
As far as I am aware, FLR(FP) does not need the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.