ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning in 12 months - ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sfarooq07
Newly Registered

Earning in 12 months - ILR application

Post by sfarooq07 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I am applying my ILR on 1st june 2016 in PEO. I spent 5 years on my Tier 1 General and on full time employment through out my 5 years.
But in December last year i was made redundant and was Job less in Jan 2016, feb 2016 untill 28th March 2016, started my new role on 29th March 2016 now a full time employee.

As per my initial application, i have to show £35000 plus salary for claiming points. all my 5 years i am above that threshold.
Now
In terms of showing 12 month of earning(35K +) within last 15 months,
-> If i start counting my Salary from March 2015 till Feb 2016, My total taxable earning coming up as 40K (This includes January and February where my earning is 0 due to no employment)
-> If i start counting my salary from April 2015 till Mar 2016, My total taxable earning coming up as 37K (0 Earning in Jan, Feb and march due to no employment).
Both above scenarios are showing salary figure above £35K even though have have 0 income in last few months.

Is it acceptable by home office in ILR application ?

martinstroke

Re: Earning in 12 months - ILR application

Post by martinstroke » Fri May 27, 2016 5:57 am

Hello mate,

You don't have to be in employment for the entire 12 months. There is no rule that says so. You are very OK to use earnings for even 6 months as long as you meet up with the earnings threshold as it is very evident from your post that you do meet up.

Hope that helps you.

kautya

Re: Earning in 12 months - ILR application

Post by kautya » Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am

As said above, as long as you meet the income threshold requirements, then its okay.