ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarahw
Newly Registered

ILR questions

Post by Sarahw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 am

My husband is going to apply for his ILR this month I have a few questions would anyone be able to help?

I am on mat leave but I am going to go back this month. What do I put on the how much does your partner earn? Its part time and I plan to do agency work. I can show an agency income for the year before my mat leave. Would this be accepted as proof that I can/able earn money?

I am reading previous posts and I am concerned, I am claiming child benefit. Am I not supposed to because of my husband’s visa?

My account is in its overdraft (£800) due the fact that for the last 6m I have been on unpaid mat leave. I need to show this because otherwise it looks like we live on thin air.

Does it look better if we supply more than three months worth of financial documents?

We want to pay for the on the day decision, I am so worried that he will be refused.

Thank you

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:53 am

Why are you showing income? It is his ILR.
Did you look at the application? Does it ask for your income??
Maybe it does, but I wouldn't think they are looking at your income.

Sarahw
Newly Registered

Post by Sarahw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:13 am

Hi

question 7.4 says Is your partner working in the UK? If so, what is his/her pay each month after income tax and other deductions?

Do they look into detail how you cover/pay bills. We manage, just.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:12 pm

if you are not working at the time you apply, you have to put zero.

They will look very closely at the totals. If you can't support yourselves then they will refuse the application.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Sarahw
Newly Registered

Post by Sarahw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Thank you for your reply. If I write a letter explaining that I received pay for 6 months and I saved half so that we could live for the next six months. It’s been tight but we did manage. I just don’t know how to explain what we did. If I wrote a covering letter explaining the above plus a table showing our outgoings. Most months we go anything from £25-£100 over. This will be sorted once I go back to work. I have my contract showing I am going back to work. Or should we apply for an extension until I am back to work. We can support ourselves we are just inbetwee at the moment.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Sarahw wrote:Thank you for your reply. If I write a letter explaining that I received pay for 6 months and I saved half so that we could live for the next six months. It’s been tight but we did manage. I just don’t know how to explain what we did. If I wrote a covering letter explaining the above plus a table showing our outgoings. Most months we go anything from £25-£100 over. This will be sorted once I go back to work. I have my contract showing I am going back to work. Or should we apply for an extension until I am back to work. We can support ourselves we are just inbetwee at the moment.
You can write anything you want

Sarahw
Newly Registered

Post by Sarahw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:03 pm

but will it be taken into account? I am worried that his chances are because of the work/money side.