ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CASH SAVING- for uk spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

CASH SAVING- for uk spouse visa

Post by YANIYAN123 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:34 am

Hi all,
Hope every one is well.
Im new to this forum and have 1 question, if someone can kindly help me regarding cash saving for spouse visa.
I have over the limit of £62,500 for over 6 months, However in the UK I have this amount divided in 2 bank accounts (current account & saving accounts).
My question does all the £62,500 need to be in 1 account or cannot it be in 2 separate accounts.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CASH SAVING- for uk spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:44 am

Separate accounts is fine but it must be accessible funds, i.e. not on fixed deposit or notice account etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Post by YANIYAN123 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I have a an additional question, if you dont mind.
I will be applying for a spouse visa by meeting the cash requirement, However I am also a company director of my father business. But I do not receive any salary from the business I am only a director.
My cash savings have been sourced by my job of working as IT.
Please can you adivse what to do?
Should i take my name off as being a director or that doesnt matter
Many thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:18 pm

It doesn't matter, you can remain as a director.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Post by YANIYAN123 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Tha k you for your reply.
But i read up on this issue and it says if you are a company director you cannot use cash savings?
Please advice.
Any other info will be much appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:36 pm

YANIYAN123 wrote:Tha k you for your reply.
But i read up on this issue and it says if you are a company director you cannot use cash savings?
Please advice.
I'm sure that's a fallacy. Do you have a link?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sha373

Post by sha373 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Wanderer wrote:
YANIYAN123 wrote:Tha k you for your reply.
Please advice.
I'm sure that's a fallacy. Do you have a link?

hi, I have same situation, want to apply for spouse visa with saving,

one current account in pakistan on my wife name with pakistani currency
second account in pakistan on both me and my wife name
third account in UK on my name, all three current acount

can i use cash saving even mony is in pakistani currency in ywo accounts?

i am also director of a company and its active but i dont want claim any earning from my company, is there any issue with this?
please help thanxx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:58 pm

You can rely on savings alone if you have £62,000 held in accessible accounts for at least 6 months. Savings can be held in different accounts including those outside of the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sha373

Post by sha373 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Casa wrote:You can rely on savings alone if you have £62,000 held in accessible accounts for at least 6 months. Savings can be held in different accounts including those outside of the UK.

Thanksss

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Post by YANIYAN123 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Casa wrote:You can rely on savings alone if you have £62,000 held in accessible accounts for at least 6 months. Savings can be held in different accounts including those outside of the UK.
Hello everyone,

Can someone please confirm if its ok to use cash savings and be a director?
I have been alot of reading up regarding this but cannot get any definitive asnwer.
Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:09 pm

sha373 wrote:

Thanksss
(Casa, not CR001)

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Cash Savings Appendix Form Questions

Post by YANIYAN123 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Assalam Alaikum,

I hope everyone is fine and well.

I have a few questions regarding my spouse visa application for my wife who is currently in pakistan.

I will be applying under Category D Cash Savings to meet the financial requirement which is set by UKBA.

i am filling out the Appendix 2 Financial Requirement Form, However i am abit stuck.

On page 5 question 3.3 it asks please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement, I have chosen Cash Savings and chose "Complete Part 3F".
I am stuck on the following part- page 06 it states
"Part 3A your sponsors income from salaried employment
Only complete this section if your sponsor is working in the UK...."

1) Do I have to fill out section 3A, as I am relying on cash saving, BUT I am working in the UK?

page 11- Question 3.75- it asks for details of cash savings (f- how long has the account been held for, h- amount in account at the date of application)
I currently for 2 accounts with the same bank barclays i.e a savings account and a current account. my total is divided in both.

2) Question 3.75- Is this referring to 1 account or accounts combined?, I am confused as I have a separate savings account and a current account with the same bank.

Any help from people with info and especially who have applied under this category, would be highly appreciated.

I have been reading and it seems fresh applications are processed within 3 months, which is impressive.

These forums and the help from users is amazing. :D :D

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Re: Cash Savings Appendix Form Questions

Post by YANIYAN123 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi,
Please can someone clarify the below.
many thanks in advance.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Wsalaam.

1. Are you relying on cash savings alone or combining with your income? If both, then fill out 3A and 3F. If cash savings alone, then 3F.

The instructions on the form read:
'Meeting the financial requirement
You must indicate how you meet the financial requirement. The policy guidance notes for this application explain what financial source(s) you may use and the relevant evidence you must submit with your application. You only need to provide evidence of the income and/or cash savings required to show you meet the financial requirement.'
and
'For each financial source you rely on to meet the financial requirement you should submit the relevant evidence with your application as specified in the Immigration Rules and policy guidance notes.'

2. As long as you have the correct amount and the account are in your name/your spouses name/joint, that's fine. If you can fit everything there use Section 5 on Page 13.

all the best
Rukhsar

YANIYAN123
Newly Registered

Post by YANIYAN123 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:58 pm

thank you for your reply.

the confusing thing for me is that i currently have over 65k in my bank account, and I am also working.
I have accumulated my saving through my work. Should I include my payslips and employment contracts with my application and a HR letter confirming employment with my application

thanks in advance

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 7:38 pm

YANIYAN123 wrote:thank you for your reply.

the confusing thing for me is that i currently have over 65k in my bank account, and I am also working.
I have accumulated my saving through my work. Should I include my payslips and employment contracts with my application and a HR letter confirming employment with my application

thanks in advance
You will need to provide bank statements, yes, because you need to prove that the amount they require in savings was in your accounts for 6 months prior to your application. You'll also need to write an official declaration where you state the source of your savings - in your case from your current/previous employment. If you're applying solely based on your cash savings, you need are the statements that show that the required £62,5000 has been in your account and not dipped for 6 months before you apply + the official declaration of where the money came from.

Check out 11 on wards on Appendix FM-SE here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence This will tell you what evidence you need to back your savings based on your specific circumstances.

If you're still not sure it would be good to talk to a Professional or an Immigration Advisory.

All the best