ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cashing savings combined with income-Pakistan/UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Cashing savings combined with income-Pakistan/UK spouse visa

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Tue May 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience applying for a spouse visa combining the income and cash savings categories. Although I've done my best to read (and prepare by) the official guidance, that of batelykhan on this forum and from advisories where I live, I have a number of concerns on the financial requirement.

Context:
I am preparing to sponsor my spouse from Pakistan to join me here in the UK. Accommodation, language and relationship requirements are all in check (or at least the least of my worries for now.)

We married in December 2015. I am unable meet the income threshold of £18,600 in my area and unable to relocate/take on part time work, but I do have savings from my previous job (November 2014-June 2015) and a generous financial wedding gift from great uncle. My gross income since June 2015 has only been £16,000, I understand that the savings calculation means I have to have £16k in the bank already, plus 2.5x2,600. This amounts to £22,500 - and I must have held this for at least 6 months prior to applying.

All of this is in check, I have well above the amount required in my bank, and a permanent job which regular payslips etc. I understand I'll need official bank statements as evidence.

My concerns are that:
a. I graduated 2 years ago with student debt which was (at that time) around 10k. Although I'm not yet earning the amount required to start re-paying a small percentage each month, am I expected to declare the financial gift received? (This was my personal priority, until I got married and trying to be with my husband came first. Once my husband is here, I have every intention to start repaying)
b. Should I provide background on the family member who gifted me a large amount of money for my wedding and why it's still in my account? He is a well established man with multiple businesses in the UK, and in our culture the brides wedding expenses are paid for by my parents - so monetary contributions from relatives are to help me out - hence why I haven't spent many thousands on my own wedding and the money I withdrew from my account in preparation for my wedding was limited to £5k.

Any other guidance or experience from anyone who is applying or has already applied combining the income and cash savings categories would really be appreciated. I assume it's also not a straight forward one so we probably should expect the maximum waiting of 12 weeks?

Thanks

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Spouse visa from Pakistan - Questions

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone who has been successful recalls who they asked their employer to address the letter to? Does anyone have a sample please?

Finally, can the standard letter (confirming employment, contract, salary etc) include an 'additional info' section. My employer issued 2 salaries in error one month, which I agreed to transfer back. Also the date of pay on my payslips isn't always the same date the money actually comes into my account- does this matter? Would my employer need to highlight these things in the same letter or attach a separate note?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Employer Letter

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Don't over complicate the employer letter. Anything that needs explaining should be briefly explained in the 'additional information' section.

Address letter to Home Office or UK Visa & Immigration an then 'To Whom It May Concern'
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Employer Letter

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 2:04 pm

CR001 wrote:Don't over complicate the employer letter. Anything that needs explaining should be briefly explained in the 'additional information' section.

Address letter to Home Office or UK Visa & Immigration an then 'To Whom It May Concern'
Thanks for your prompt reply.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Certificates - copies or originals

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I am sponsoring my husband in Pakistan to join me in the UK. Because the application is submitted here and documents sent to Sheffield, am I right to assume I need to supply original Birth, Marriage, TB test and English Certificates?

If so, would my husband need the TB test and English certificates back to travel here?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certificates - copies or originals

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:Hi all,

I am sponsoring my husband in Pakistan to join me in the UK. Because the application is submitted here and documents sent to Sheffield, am I right to assume I need to supply original Birth, Marriage, TB test and English Certificates?

If so, would my husband need the TB test and English certificates back to travel here?

Thanks
I have merged your topics. It is not necessary to start a new topic/thread with each question you have on the same application. See Multiple Posts (click)

See also Spouse visa from Pakistan - Step by Step Guide / Process (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Re: Certificates - copies or originals

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
I have merged your topics. It is not necessary to start a new topic/thread with each question you have on the same application. See Multiple Posts (click)

See also Spouse visa from Pakistan - Step by Step Guide / Process (click)

Thanks.

I previously asked a serious of questions here all in one posthttp://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 08454.html but didn't receive any replies - hence assumed I would break down my concerns. I'll use this instead now.

I have looked at the step by step guide which has been very helpful but I'm still unclear about whether my husband would need the certificates back to travel here?