ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - supporting documents age

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

Spouse visa - supporting documents age

Post by John Green » Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

For the supporting documents for a spouse visa. What should the "age" of these supporting documents be?

I know that the Financial Requirement statement has to cover the most recent 6 months' period from the date on the statement. I imagine that this document needs to be submitted as soon as possible with the visa application eg within a few weeks after it is received, the application should be submitted.

But this aside what date should the "accommodation" document be (i.e. the distance in time from the date on the document and when the document is sent as a supporting document with the visa)? The same for identification and communication documents supplied to show we are as we claim and that the relationship is a genuine one? Do they have to be under (let's say) 3 months old before the date they are actually submitted with the visa application form?

thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - supporting documents age

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Communication documents - spanning the time since you have returned the UK and up to the most recent you have.

Accommodation - depends what you are submitting. Obviously a Title Deed date cannot be amended.

Documents in general have to be the most recent, i.e. within 28 days old for the most recent item.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John Green

Post by John Green » Fri May 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Thanks again. I am thinking of submitting in July, despite there being a few complications which I hope/think we can explain satisfactorily. There is a class of documents where we will ask the writers to date the letters close to the expected date of submission.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:21 pm

What 'writers' and what 'letters' are they writing? If you mean 'good character letters', they likely won't be looked at. UKVI will do the necessary checks they need to do and make a decision based on the facts.

It is a tick box exercise as explained to you in the numerous topics you have posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.