ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sp84

Re: Renouncing British Citizenship to use EEA FP route

Post by sp84 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 am

darren1972uk wrote:Did u get my email I sent a pm
Your PM just came through after I sent a PM to you haha! I copy and pasted my whole cover letter (and other documents that I sent) - let me know if you get it all OK

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue May 17, 2016 12:13 am

Thank you I got it can you pm your email. So any further questions and I owe u a beer when u get to the uk!!!

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:15 am

darren1972uk wrote:Thank you I got it can you pm your email. So any further questions and I owe u a beer when u get to the uk!!!
haha yea I will PM it now

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue May 17, 2016 12:39 am

Once last question I hope
I'm confused when it says
"Are your correspondence address different from contact already provided"

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:44 am

darren1972uk wrote:Once last question I hope
I'm confused when it says
"Are your correspondence address different from contact already provided"
It just means do you want your documents sent to a different address than the one you gave in the question before. For me I answered "NO" - but again that is because my wife and I already live in the same house.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue May 17, 2016 1:24 am

Does my wife need a tb test for an eea family visa she from Cambodia

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:07 am

darren1972uk wrote:Does my wife need a tb test for an eea family visa she from Cambodia
This is a useful thread about the EEA Family Permit and Residence Card - gives guidance and answers certain questions: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

Have a look at question 6 - it is about the TB test

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 am

Hi there,

Another question can my wife come on a vistor visa then can she whilst in Uk apply for a eea2 visa.
Thank you

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue May 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Has anyone turned up at boarder without visa and try to get eea dependant ink stamp?

sp84

Post by sp84 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:13 pm

darren1972uk wrote:Hi there,

Another question can my wife come on a vistor visa then can she whilst in Uk apply for a eea2 visa.
Thank you
Personally I have no idea about this - I remember reading a few months ago that you can't switch between certain visas while you are in the UK - but the EEA route isn't technically classed as a "visa" - you should probably contact an immigration solicitor about this one.

As to showing up at the border - again I have no experience with this (you might want to start a new thread specifically about that question) ... everyone on this thread has gone through the renouncing/family permit application route.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue May 17, 2016 6:06 pm

darren1972uk wrote:Hi there,

Thank you
Email: EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to check but I'm sure you can. I had asked the European Ops team the same question in the past and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

This is what they said:
"Dear [NAME REMOVED]

I can confirm that there will be no implications as long as the visa was issued by either the Home Office or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and you provide sufficient evidence with your EEA2 application.

Kind regards,

[NAME REMOVED]
Euro Ops Policy"

Alternatively, submit a Freedom of Information Act request via: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com directly to the Home Office who are legally obliged to reply, provided that the info request does not relate 'to your own personal circumstances'. Choose the wording carefully.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Wed May 18, 2016 12:21 am

We should all meet up some time share our stories or wisdom to know we are not alone. Thanks for all your help. Shall be sending of application for family visa next Monday. Hope it's not too long. I shall let you know. Keep on going people.

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm

darren1972uk wrote:We should all meet up some time share our stories or wisdom to know we are not alone. Thanks for all your help. Shall be sending of application for family visa next Monday. Hope it's not too long. I shall let you know. Keep on going people.

Hi everyone how is everyone keeping?

Ian up date on my RN.

Well I only got married on the 12th of May 2016 to a Venezuelan,

I sent my RN on the 19th of November 2015 and the home office got it on the 20th of November, but the home office didn't a accept my payment till the 23rd of December 2015.

I had guessed that while I was getting married my RN would be ready. So my RN was dated from the 6th of May 2016. Now i have to get my family member to send my RN my wife cousins address in Spain. And we be applying for the EEA family permit in Madrid.

Hopefully we get the EEA permit sent off by early next week.

Thank you and hope to hear from you all soon

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Mon May 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Just sent off for eea visa for my wife. Countdown begins!!

sp84

Post by sp84 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:43 pm

darren1972uk wrote:Just sent off for eea visa for my wife. Countdown begins!!
Hey Darren,

Just curious - when you say that you sent it off, did you set up the biometric appointment for your wife through the website? That is the first stage - then once she does that, you get the receipt for the finger printing and you send the application/packet off to the correct embassy.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Mon May 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi they,
Yes I did the application for her. Then she had to have an appointment to hand in application, finger prints and evidence of our relationship. Any more questions you have you can pm me.
Darren

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Fri May 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Once wife has eea family visa how can she get an national insurance card. How long does it take

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 27, 2016 10:10 pm

darren1972uk wrote:Once wife has eea family visa how can she get an national insurance card. How long does it take
Call them when she gets to the UK. The number is: 08456000643. My partner's application only took about 10 days. Not long at all. We 'ordered' the application form over the phone and then filled it in and sent it back. I hope this helps.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Mon May 30, 2016 1:27 am

Thank you chaoclive
Another question any one know of web site where I can show wife how to fill in arrival/ cards and custom an immigration. As she is travelling alone and I want to help her so she knows what information she should have and how to answer them, thank you

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 am

My wife is flying tomorrow when she arrives does she have to fill out a landing card ( she travelling alone yet has a ea family visa)
Thank you

RJF1979

Post by RJF1979 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Darren how are you??

Did you get a phone interview for your EEA family permit? Did your wife get her EEA family permit ??

My wife applied for her EEA family permit last Thursday in Madrid, I'm waiting to get a phone call from the home office to be interviewed

Soo hopping and part we get the EEA family permit

Thank you & hope to hear from you soon Darren take care

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:54 pm

My wife got her we family visa took about 6 working days. No interview. She is arriving tomorrow 3 June. All the effort has been worth it. We are also moving into own rented place also. In hindsight everything has come together so well. Not to sound preachy yet it's all been Gods timing on things and I've seen Gods provision and wisdom.This board has been a blessing thanks for all your feedback. For people who are still waiting keep going you will see your works will be worth it. Yet i do have to lose weight as I can't lie it has been stressful along the way. My comfort was food,poor wife going kick my fat arse lol. Anyone need help please private me ok.
Now it's time to get her residence visa so paper work not over yet!!
I think we can be all good lawyers!!!

sp84

Post by sp84 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:36 pm

darren1972uk wrote:My wife got her we family visa took about 6 working days. No interview. She is arriving tomorrow 3 June. All the effort has been worth it. We are also moving into own rented place also. In hindsight everything has come together so well. Not to sound preachy yet it's all been Gods timing on things and I've seen Gods provision and wisdom.This board has been a blessing thanks for all your feedback. For people who are still waiting keep going you will see your works will be worth it. Yet i do have to lose weight as I can't lie it has been stressful along the way. My comfort was food,poor wife going kick my fat arse lol. Anyone need help please private me ok.
Now it's time to get her residence visa so paper work not over yet!!
I think we can be all good lawyers!!!
Hey Darren,

Sorry I didn't get any emails telling me there had been posts on the thread. So did your wife get there OK then? Just curious too - did she come in on a UK family visa? OR the EEA Family Permit?

I know you had said about maybe switching once she was in the UK.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 am

Yes my wife and daughter have arrived and I decided to apply for a family visa whilst she was out of the country. The family visa took only a week to get. Now to start on the uk residence visa only 91 pages!!!! But all is good. Thanks for your help all of you whom answered my questions. Good luck and Gods speed with all of you whom are still waiting

sp84

Post by sp84 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 pm

darren1972uk wrote:Yes my wife and daughter have arrived and I decided to apply for a family visa whilst she was out of the country. The family visa took only a week to get. Now to start on the uk residence visa only 91 pages!!!! But all is good. Thanks for your help all of you whom answered my questions. Good luck and Gods speed with all of you whom are still waiting
Ah OK good man - Yea I have been working on the lovely 91 page Residence Card application too! Most of it is straightforward which is at least something (even though it does repeat some of the questions) - I am making sure that I have a strong cover letter to go with it - highlighting the rules that have to be met in order to be considered a qualified person - and explaining how I meet those.